+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    900 is great!! Our average is around 650mls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    900 is great!! Our average is around 650mls.
    Is your bub having solids at all? Sorry if you've already mentioned it, I'm a bit dazed today!

We are supposed to be aiming for an ideal of 1200ml according to the paed but he's happy if we keep it above 800.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Is your bub having solids at all? Sorry if you've already mentioned it, I'm a bit dazed today!

We are supposed to be aiming for an ideal of 1200ml according to the paed but he's happy if we keep it above 800.
    No solids. She is 6 months and we have been trying since 4.5 months but she refuses. 1200mls sounds crazy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No solids. She is 6 months and we have been trying since 4.5 months but she refuses. 1200mls sounds crazy!
    I know, it sounds like a lot but he's about 7.5kg and 8mo so that's what he should be aiming for if he's not having solids. We've just hit 800 for today, hopefully he'll wake for another feed in a couple of hours.

Unfortunately he has broken out in a rash on his chest and red cheeks, not what we need right now!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Has he had rashes before? I have heard it can be related to cmpi.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've seen a few of your posts now and it sounds like you've had such a tough time with your DD. I feel like I'm totally overreacting when there are parents and kids like yourself going through much more challenging issues.

It's reassuring to hear you were able to manage with 500ml. DS is on AllerPro too and had just over 900 yesterday and the paed told me this morning that as long as we're keeping it above 800ml per day we can continue at home. It was really good to see the paed today, he doesn't usually see patients on Fridays but made the time to see us which was great. He even got the ENT on conference call while I was there so we could talk through everything. Everyone is kind of hanging out for the results of the barium swallow on Monday.

The good news is that DS put on a little weight - enjoying small victories!
    Omgeee. Feeding issues are feeding issues! It doesn't matter why our how much it's all stressful!!!! You are not overreacting at all! Please don't feel bad.
    Sounds like you have a great paed who is also sensible. Nothing better than having a great paed on your side.
    Yay for a weight gain too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Omgeee. Feeding issues are feeding issues! It doesn't matter why our how much it's all stressful!!!! You are not overreacting at all! Please don't feel bad.
    Sounds like you have a great paed who is also sensible. Nothing better than having a great paed on your side.
    Yeah he's a great paed, so lucky to have him. And yes, feeding issues are scary!! All babies have to do is sleep, poop and eat - how hard can it be??

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (28-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has he had rashes before? I have heard it can be related to cmpi.
    Not like this one, he has had rashes from dry skin before but it looked different. We'll just keep an eye on it for now. He hasn't had anything besides his formula so he shouldn't have come into contact with CMP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah he's a great paed, so lucky to have him. And yes, feeding issues are scary!! All babies have to do is sleep, poop and eat - how hard can it be??
    I know. Seriously!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Thank you for saying this! DS is having feeding issues which impact on his sleep and therefor my sanity and my mum keeps reminding me there are kids and parents worse off. In other words you don't have it that bad so why are you upset and stressing so much?

Because this is my second child with silent reflux and CMPI and feeding issues!
    @Cue I'm so glad he's putting on weight still and you have a paed in your corner!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (28-03-2015)