+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,588
    Thanks
    1,638
    Thanked
    2,401
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    He just woke so I fed him again. He's had 7 feeds today, I don't let him go longer than 3hrs between feeds unless he's sleeping. I won't wake him for feeds at this point as his sleep is also important.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

    Mamasupial  (26-03-2015)

  3. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,308
    Thanks
    3,424
    Thanked
    1,831
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Glad they are doing more tests for you. Hopefully they'll be able to sort it out and put your mind at ease. Take care x.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,409
    Thanks
    7,432
    Thanked
    6,122
    Reviews
    11
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    He just woke so I fed him again. He's had 7 feeds today, I don't let him go longer than 3hrs between feeds unless he's sleeping. I won't wake him for feeds at this point as his sleep is also important.
    Sounds like you are doing all the right things xx

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,588
    Thanks
    1,638
    Thanked
    2,401
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks, feels like I'm doing it all wrong sometimes!!

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,880
    Thanks
    5,204
    Thanked
    3,904
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    He just woke so I fed him again. He's had 7 feeds today, I don't let him go longer than 3hrs between feeds unless he's sleeping. I won't wake him for feeds at this point as his sleep is also important.
    I think this the best thing you can do. Formula has more calories anyway compared to solids so if you need to fatten him ASAP his milk is more important.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,539
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked
    347
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The paed & nurse told me food first, milk after. It's silly how we get different info.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,588
    Thanks
    1,638
    Thanked
    2,401
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    The paed & nurse told me food first, milk after. It's silly how we get different info.
    This would be fine if he could eat, but he can't, so it has to be just milk for now. Otherwise I'd have him on 3 proper meals a day by now.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @Cue with all my dd's medical conditions she never really ate solids until after 14 months. .. And even then it's touch and go.
    We fortified formula (allerpro) for a long time. At 12 months we tried pediasure and she tolerated it. Without it she would have most certainly been tube fed and I hospital.
    She still drinks minimal amounts. At 8 months I would have been happy to get 500mls of formula into her overt a 24 hour period.
    It was just enough since we added extra calories to it.
    You are doing all you can. Don't blame yourself. Hugs.
    I hope the paed is helpful today.

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,588
    Thanks
    1,638
    Thanked
    2,401
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    @Cue with all my dd's medical conditions she never really ate solids until after 14 months. .. And even then it's touch and go.
    We fortified formula (allerpro) for a long time. At 12 months we tried pediasure and she tolerated it. Without it she would have most certainly been tube fed and I hospital.
    She still drinks minimal amounts. At 8 months I would have been happy to get 500mls of formula into her overt a 24 hour period.
    It was just enough since we added extra calories to it.
    You are doing all you can. Don't blame yourself. Hugs.
    I hope the paed is helpful today.
    I've seen a few of your posts now and it sounds like you've had such a tough time with your DD. I feel like I'm totally overreacting when there are parents and kids like yourself going through much more challenging issues.

    It's reassuring to hear you were able to manage with 500ml. DS is on AllerPro too and had just over 900 yesterday and the paed told me this morning that as long as we're keeping it above 800ml per day we can continue at home. It was really good to see the paed today, he doesn't usually see patients on Fridays but made the time to see us which was great. He even got the ENT on conference call while I was there so we could talk through everything. Everyone is kind of hanging out for the results of the barium swallow on Monday.

    The good news is that DS put on a little weight - enjoying small victories!

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

    Nafsika  (27-03-2015),Tamtam  (27-03-2015)

  12. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,539
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked
    347
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    I've seen a few of your posts now and it sounds like you've had such a tough time with your DD. I feel like I'm totally overreacting when there are parents and kids like yourself going through much more challenging issues.

    It's reassuring to hear you were able to manage with 500ml. DS is on AllerPro too and had just over 900 yesterday and the paed told me this morning that as long as we're keeping it above 800ml per day we can continue at home. It was really good to see the paed today, he doesn't usually see patients on Fridays but made the time to see us which was great. He even got the ENT on conference call while I was there so we could talk through everything. Everyone is kind of hanging out for the results of the barium swallow on Monday.

    The good news is that DS put on a little weight - enjoying small victories!
    That's great news. After seeing a pead last week I'm a lot calmer.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Nan ar formula
    By DizzyDaisy in forum Colic Reflux Wind
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-11-2014, 13:28
  2. AR formula
    By Mummy12 in forum Bottlefeeding Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-09-2014, 12:27
  3. Which formula??
    By loulou21 in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2014, 18:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Hire For Baby Perth
New RETAIL store - Perth Hire For Baby Perth
Here at Hire for Baby, we offer a wide range of products from Child Restraints to Strollers, Stroller Accessories and Oricom Baby Monitors. Wholesale prices - till the stock ends. Buy from us and get the installation for FREE.
Like us on Facebook and get $10 OFF
featured supporter
Innovations Sports Physiotherapy
Women’s Health Physios who are able to assess and treat a wide range of Pregnancy and Post Natal Issues. We offer Post Natal Pilates Classes taken by our Physios. These classes help you rebuild strength through your Core and Pelvic Floor.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!