+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fake?? Ergo carrier.

Sooo I just purchased a second hand ergo carrier from eBay. Then I came an article saying there are a lot of fakes out there. I'm worried I've bought a fake & it will not be safe? Has anyone got a grey ergo original & can tell me if this one looks real?ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1427352130.729398.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I actually think it's the buckles that are how you can tell it's fake but I could be wrong. I got stung with a fake one unfortunately

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you google it you will find pictures showing the difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I've heard about the buckles. I will have to wait until it arrives now. 😣

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one just like that! And I actually sold it on eBay too but that was a little while ago now so it's not that one you bought (which is too bad because otherwise I could definitely put your mind at ease about it not being fake... sorry). A lot of people sell their second hand ones though and they're not fake.

Do you have a baby bunting near you? Our baby bunting has one of each carrier out for you to try on. Maybe you could take it in with you and compare it to the one they have in store?

Hopefully it turns out to be the real deal because they are a great carrier. I sold mine only because DS no longer enjoyed being facing me and I wanted a carrier where he could be facing out sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can I ask what is unique about the ergo buckles? I have a cheap carrier that looks the same as an ergo, but i bought it from an online store knowing it wasnt an ergo. Im wondering now if theres a chance its not safe...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Take a photo of the warning label for me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh just saw that you don't have it yet. When you get it, check the warning label well for spelling errors. There should be the warning in 2 languages. Stitching should be perfect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll post photos as soon as I get it, hopefully Monday & I'll go to baby bunting or my baby warehouse as soon as I can. The seller hasn't sold many things & is mainly selling baby books & an exercise DVDs, so I think she's genuine. She notified me straight away when she got my payment & lives in Sydney. I replied back & nicely asked where she purchased it from & hasn't replied back yet. Fingers cross it's ok. The main problem with the fakes I think is the straps aren't thick enough & unsafe dyes & chemicals may have been used in the fabric.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyisbored View Post
    I'll post photos as soon as I get it, hopefully Monday & I'll go to baby bunting or my baby warehouse as soon as I can. The seller hasn't sold many things & is mainly selling baby books & an exercise DVDs, so I think she's genuine. She notified me straight away when she got my payment & lives in Sydney. I replied back & nicely asked where she purchased it from & hasn't replied back yet. Fingers cross it's ok. The main problem with the fakes I think is the straps aren't thick enough & unsafe dyes & chemicals may have been used in the fabric.
    Usually the fakes are from overseas sellers and they will have lots of them. They usually don't call them ergo's even though it's on the tag. Hopefully you got the real deal.