+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Prenatal Aqua Aerobics Sydney

Hi there! I'm currently 24 weeks pregnant and have been looking for prenatal aqua aerobics in Sydney and found a link online for Mona Vale Hospital with the times etc, I showed up and was told by an instructor for another class that it was cancelled ages ago (he said I wasn't the first to wander in and someone should update the website?!). I've been googling but haven't found any classes local to the Northern Beaches, can anyone recommend a good and not expensive place? I tried pregnancy yoga last week but somehow twisted something in my stomach and ended up with the worst pain in my side the next day which was very scary. Really need some exercise other than walking the dog! Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can't help you with north shore as I lived in the southern suburbs, but just FYI you can do 'normal' aqua classes - not just pregnancy aqua classes.

You just take it at your own pace. I loves doing aqua when I was pregnant - i put n 25kg each time I was pregnant so the water made me feel so light and really took the pressure off my joints. I didn't have much luck with the yoga either, I was just too heavy for it and it didn't feel relaxing at all for me. But the aqua aerobics was great!

HTH!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Misho I had a look at Freshwater fitness after your suggestion and think I might try their aqua class for people with movement issues... I did want to meet other new mums around the area but guess I can save that for the antenatal classes. Think I'm heading for a weight gain of 25kg plus too, have never eaten so healthily doesn't seem right lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good stuff!

Just don't freak out if you're the youngest in the class.. My class was always full of nannas but I loved it. It was the only thing that really relaxed me.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dont know if its too far but i go to Leichhardt Aquatic on a Thursday night

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Creche

Hi there
    I'm 21 weeks and really want to go to prenatal classes too as my back is killing me but I need babysitting for my first baby. Does freshwater fitness have creche? If not premier fitness at brookvale have aqua aerobics if you want to join me there? 🏊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the tips! Leichhardt is a bit far but I'll keep it in mind but morning local classes are what I'm after. I have to go before I get even bigger and lose motivation to wear swimmers in public lol. I used to go to the gym at Manly Leagues in Brookvale is that premier fitness? I'm keen if you are Steffajy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    Dont know if its too far but i go to Leichhardt Aquatic on a Thursday night
    I'm not too far from Leichhardt. @heplusme would it be weird if I came and checked it out? What's the class like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    I'm not too far from Leichhardt. @heplusme would it be weird if I came and checked it out? What's the class like?
    No, come! Its fun, the instructor gives us a good workout. Now that its getting colder there's less hanging around for chats afterwards but its nice to see all the ladies and how we are going

ETA: i think the 'term' has already started but since there is like 5 people in the class on Thursdays im sure they wont mind you popping in to try it out

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jadess, Yep that's the one, it's on at 9:15-10am most days and they have a deal at the moment $4 a week for four weeks for all classes. The instructor said their yoga and Pilates are also ok for pregnancy you just have to tell the instructor before. I know the feeling with the swimmers I hope mine still fit the bump! I'm going on Wednesday. See you there