+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Clear blue digital tests - how accurate is the weeks predictor?

Last month when I was pregnant, I took a CBD and I tested as pregnant 1-2. That same morning I had my bloods done and my hcg was 11.
    This time around my CBD test said the same, but my hcg was 67. I took another test today hoping it had gone up to 2-3 but it's still the same. I don't know whether to trust google search results. A lot say <25 is not pregnant. If so, then how come my blood hcg of 11 showed up as positive in a urine test?
    Seeing as I had a MC last month, I'm a bit anxious about it all. My doc wants me to have bloods again on Saturday but then I'll have to wait until Monday for the results!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When did you do the first test and second test? HCG is meant to doule every 2 days roughly.

67 is a good HCG result, 11 sounds like a chem pregnancy.

I think they would be pretty accurate but it would depend on how accurate you are with your dates. A few days difference would still show 1-2 weeks but it will take longer to tick over to 2-3 weeks.

I have my fingers crossed this one is a keeper!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hcg levels were 8 when i first got a bfp on a frer. My doctors test was negative and my digital was also negative. I later tried a digital (roughly 3or so days) and it said 2-3 weeks and my bloods were at 173 and judging by my dating scan i was just roughly 3 1/2 weeks pregnant. I wouldn't necessarily trust the digital time frame hun sending all my positive vibes across for u

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    The threshold for 2-3 is around 180-250.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sammymac View Post
    Last month when I was pregnant, I took a CBD and I tested as pregnant 1-2. That same morning I had my bloods done and my hcg was 11.
    This time around my CBD test said the same, but my hcg was 67. I took another test today hoping it had gone up to 2-3 but it's still the same. I don't know whether to trust google search results. A lot say <25 is not pregnant. If so, then how come my blood hcg of 11 showed up as positive in a urine test?
    Seeing as I had a MC last month, I'm a bit anxious about it all. My doc wants me to have bloods again on Saturday but then I'll have to wait until Monday for the results!
    Hi Sammy,

The CBD vary in their sensitivity from test to test. We had one that said 2-3 when hcg was 102, so lower than the threshold they suggest. I would take it with a grain of salt. If your bloods say you're pregnant then that is the best indicator! Congratulations, I hope it's a sticky one x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    PP is right they aren't super reliable. Heres a link to a study where women with known HCG levels tested with CBD and got varying results:

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_d...ws/K112870.pdf

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

sammymac  (27-03-2015),Wise Enough  (27-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tested at 4w2d and it said 3+ weeks with my DS so they definitely aren't reliable. The pregnant part is anyway, so congrats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. The first time was mid feb and it was definitely what some call a chemical pregnancy. Hcg went from 11 to 7 then I bleed, then it was under 3. I think it's odd that the test said pregnant 1-2 when the hcg was actually so low that time.
    I am now pregnant again after only a month. Hcg was 67 on Monday, and I'm having another test today. I took the second test yesterday, so after 3 days.

Thanks for all of your replies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i used a clear blue at 2+6 with my second baby and was told pregnant 1-2, given time to ovulate etc it was completely accurate