+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC after the pill when to test?

Hi,
    I was just wondering If I could grab some quick advice.
    I have been on the pill for 10 years and going off for the first time TTC
    just wondering if we start trying in the first month after the pill, as I will have now idea when my natural aF would be due, Should I take pregnancy test at 5 or 6 weeks just to be sure? If I dont get anything by then?
    While I know if would highly unlikely to conceive in the first month I know it is possible. so just now sure how I would know or when to test to get best results.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Def wait for at least 35 days before you use a test, just so it's not too early.

Everyone is different, I came off the pill in dec after being on it for 12 years and my first cycle was 39 days, then 31 days and now I am in my 3rd cycle and it is 31 days today with no AF yet. Can take a little while to regulate.

I recommend temping, that way you can see when you are actually ovulating and generally AF comes 12-14 days after ovulation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lauzie
    i am being impatient and don't want to wait for things to settle down although I know I should. Maybe ill wait 35 days and see what happens from there. Thanks for the advice.
    Have you guys been trying since you came off?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twentysomething View Post
    Hi lauzie
    i am being impatient and don't want to wait for things to settle down although I know I should. Maybe ill wait 35 days and see what happens from there. Thanks for the advice.
    Have you guys been trying since you came off?
    Haha all good, we are all impatient!! The first month it is so hard to know what is going on, I remember feeling a few different things that I had never felt before. I tested at the 28day mark then again a week later. If you feel like testing do it I say, don't worry too much if you go through a few tests, get practice using them

I started taking vitex around day 33 on my first cycle and I got my first AF 5 days later. Look it up, I would recommend it. It helps regulate your cycles and you can just pick up a bottle with 60 tablets from chemist warehouse (Thompson brand). Lots of girls on here have done really well on it!

I found it helped as my next cycle I was 31 days