+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2 poor quality blastocysts transferred, already losing hope

Hi Ladies,
    I used to frequent these forums years ago when I first started IVF, maybe '08. We had many, many 2 day transfers over 2 years then took some time off... That time off turned into 5-6 years. Last year I went back for a frozen cycle which was unsuccessful and reminded me why I was much happier having 'time off'. Anyway I was motivated to start again this year particularly as FS was keen for a 5 day transfer which I had never tried before & do a scratch & use glue, I thought it was a wonderful combination. Anyway on Friday I had my pickup, 11 follicles, 8 fertilised, 6 made it to 5 days, 2 "not the best embryos I've ever seen" transferred today and 4 that probably won't survive over night leaving me 0 to freeze. I also had 5 thawed and grown to 5 days (from a cycle in '09) and none of them survived. I'm relieved I didn't end up transferring them at 2 days. Anyway I'm really upset that the 2 transferred have been deemed "not the best I have ever seen". I guess I've started my tww but have lost hope already. Does anyone else have similar stories to share or anyone else just starting the tww? Thank you so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Don't give up hope on your two blasties just by the look of them hun, I have read so many stories on here of women getting there bfp from embies that were not of the best quality even when embryos which were deemed much better had failed ahead of the not so good looking one. Did your clinic grade the embies at all? Try to stay positive and just thing this is probably the best chance you have probably had since the embryos have made it to blastocyst where in the past you have done 2 day transfers, the embryo glue and scratch had also got to have upped your odds. Did your clinic actually say how much your odds where increased with those procedures at all? (something I am looking into myself at the moment). Good luck hun hopefully this is your time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't give up hope as my clinic used to say they wouldn't transfer if there wasn't a chance of becoming a viable baby. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My good friend was told the exact same thing, not to get hopes up because the quality was "not good". She had gone through lots of previous IVF cycles & this one resulted in beautiful twins

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside - they've never provided me with grading before but I guess I've never asked (I really wish I hadn't today as I felt so good & positive right up until transfer). My clinic didn't give me any stats on the scratch or glue but I really wanted to throw everything at this cycle. Thanks so much for your positivity, I spent the afternoon googling (surprise surprise) and read lots of amazing stories... Still I'm a pessimist crossing my fingers!

Thanks @Kenta I hope my clinic are the same... Sometimes i do wonder if they have any idea - my FS, nurses @ scientists give me different stories all the time! Unfortunately due to where I live I have no other real choices.
    @Rocky27 I really hope I'm like your good friend, thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My five month old daughter is the result of one poor blastocyst. No other embryos survived that cycle. So poor embryos can make beautiful babies. Don't give up hope.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shamy1 For This Useful Post:

LagoonK  (25-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Shamy1 Aww congrats!!! That's exactly what I needed to hear, thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another good news story to keep your positivity levels up. I am 23 weeks pregnant with a baby girl and had 3 x 3 day embryos thawed and grown to 5 day. The other two didn't make it and this one we transferred was ok not great. Well she stuck! I tend to agree that they wouldn't transfer if they're terrible. Fingers crossed that you get some good news coming your way. It's certainly hard coming back to it after a break. I only had an 8 month break (and loved having no treatments!) and came back to it to get it over with and move on. And here I am. All the best with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Please don't lose hope. My beautiful daughter is also the result of a very poor grade embryo which had lost 25% of its cells at thawing (30% being the limit for not putting them back). And it was the last of my 7 embryos, all the others being far better and not resulting in anything... They told me not to hold out any hope on that one and I now definitely believe in miracles! Sojust try and take it easy for the next 2 weeks. Fx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @LagoonK don't loose hope. As you read here 'poor' embie can become a beautiful baby. Agree with other girls, if it would be that bad, clinic wouldn't recommend transfer. Stay positive. Will be thinking of you luv! 😊