Closed Thread
Page 98 of 101 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    I'm sick of thinking of what to have for dinner and then having to cook it every night only to have at least one child not like it.
    My poor kids have had eggs on toast for tea twice this week. Just cbf...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    I'm sorry you've had a crappie day. Just a note about Facebook photos. Believe me, I don't have perfect kids but I do post photos when they miraculously do what I want them to do.

Like yesterday I posted that I put all three down for a nap at the same time all by myself. Have myself a big pat on the back and called myself supermum. Today both dh and I couldn't get them to sleep at all. I'm definitely not choosing to remember today.

Nobody has perfect kids. I just celebrate the good stuff and drink wine to forget the days from hell.
    this! what you see on fb is carefully filtered and you really only ever see people's "best side". nobody is posting pics of the nights they're drying no sleep, covered in poo and/or vomit or have dark under eye circles so heavy they could pass for a panda.

the worst thing you can do for your own mental wellbeing is compare yourself to fb pics. everyone's kids are terrors sometimes, they're just not putting photos up of it 😜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sick of thinking of what to have for dinner and then having to cook it every night only to have at least one child not like it.
    I said the exact same thing to DH yesterday! I'm burnt out from organising meals for everyone and someone knocking it back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    this exactly. it's so boring. I just have no dinner motivation/inspiration.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    And yet another sunday's worth of plans destroyed cause ds WILL NOT go to sleep. So much for taking fil out for lunch for his birthday.......i do not feel like dealing with hysterical overtired screaming when out for lunch so i guess yet again ds succeeds in dictating our lives & we'll just sit at home all day with the screaming instead......
    I've had so many days like this lately. It really sucks. Feeling your pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argh why wont you sleep anymore???!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    this! what you see on fb is carefully filtered and you really only ever see people's "best side". nobody is posting pics of the nights they're drying no sleep, covered in poo and/or vomit or have dark under eye circles so heavy they could pass for a panda.

the worst thing you can do for your own mental wellbeing is compare yourself to fb pics. everyone's kids are terrors sometimes, they're just not putting photos up of it 😜
    Its hard not to compare. Whenever I see all these people in real life their babies are complete angels as well. And when i ask for advice on my son & his crap sleep they go 'oh i just pat mine twice & she/he falls right asleep'. So yeh, perfect babies........While i sit up holding my son for half the night while he sleeps cause we are back to this again

I hope ds is happy growing up as an only child, cause at this rate he will be
    Last edited by heartstringz; 19-10-2015 at 05:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And as per usual dh keeps cancelling his alarm while im sitting here holding a sleeping ds who ive been up with since 2am. Now i can hear him snoring.....so much for getting up at 6 & helping. When i can finally get my muscles to work again maybe ill get up & dump ds on dh's head..........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Its hard not to compare. Whenever I see all these people in real life their babies are complete angels as well. And when i ask for advice on my son & his crap sleep they go 'oh i just pat mine twice & she/he falls right asleep'. So yeh, perfect babies........While i sit up holding my son for half the night while he sleeps cause we are back to this again

I hope ds is happy growing up as an only child, cause at this rate he will be
    It's really hard when you have a bad sleeper. 2 out of my 3 have been/ are awful sleepers. My middle child was/is fantastic, so easy. After my easy sleeper I can see how people with easy sleepers can give out that kind of advice. But honestly, the only thing that has helped me is to accept my bad sleepers.i fully understand how frustrating it is to watch others who appear to have it so easy though.. Lots of hugs heartstringz

10. The Following User Says Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

DT75  (19-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    It's really hard when you have a bad sleeper. 2 out of my 3 have been/ are awful sleepers. My middle child was/is fantastic, so easy. After my easy sleeper I can see how people with easy sleepers can give out that kind of advice. But honestly, the only thing that has helped me is to accept my bad sleepers.i fully understand how frustrating it is to watch others who appear to have it so easy though.. Lots of hugs heartstringz
    This @heartstringz

DSD is THE perfect sleeper, even now. We used to put her in bed and she would put herself to sleep.

DSS? He started sleeping through the night without "help" (still needs reassurance) about 6 months ago- he is nearly 8.

It is pure and utter luck, and do not let anyone tell you otherwise- we did exactly the same things for both kids... so it wasn't anything we did, and completely how they are.