Closed Thread
Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    He wasn't even having a tantrum, he just thinks its funny . He was hitting pretty hard but luckily it didnt break. Now im ignoring him throwing his dinner everywhere. I guess ill just try ignoring every naughty thing he does & just deal with it when he turns into a spoilt little boy
    Yep DS does it when he thinks he's funny. Been happening for a few months. I'm just ignoring it. Our house is old as and the windows aren't great, DS hasn't broken them lol he usually picks the brick wall in our dining room to hit but he knows it he hits too hard it hurts so it's usually a tap. Eh. U can tell when they have actually hurt themselves.
    My DS is a brat lol. I say it all the time. Apparently he's not as naughty as I think lol. I guarantee ignoring the 'naughty' behaviour isn't going to make him spoilt child. He's a kid 😌 they test u lol. DS tests me everyday.
    I just removed DSs dinner every time he does it. He keeps doing it and we stop with it. He isn't going to starve (I do feed him lol) he's shocking with throwing food. Love letting the dog in to clean up at the end of the day lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (09-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    My food processor hate itself.

I went to grate cheese and grated itself. It broke the part of the chute that comes down in the bowl.
    That is devastating. I only got my processor this year and I can't imagine life without it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Currently ignoring 15 month old ds while he bangs his head & his toys on the window cause nothing else seems to work. Fingers crossed it doesnt break....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    My 19 month old DS does that. Usually bangs his hand when he is having a tantrum. He will search for a surface to hit it on.
    I either ignore him, laugh at him (when it's a tantrum, because it's just so silly) or walk into another room.
    He knows not to hit too hard because it will hurt. He's just attention seeking 😌
    He wasn't even having a tantrum, he just thinks its funny . He was hitting pretty hard but luckily it didnt break. Now im ignoring him throwing his dinner everywhere. I guess ill just try ignoring every naughty thing he does & just deal with it when he turns into a spoilt little boy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Yep DS does it when he thinks he's funny. Been happening for a few months. I'm just ignoring it. Our house is old as and the windows aren't great, DS hasn't broken them lol he usually picks the brick wall in our dining room to hit but he knows it he hits too hard it hurts so it's usually a tap. Eh. U can tell when they have actually hurt themselves.
    My DS is a brat lol. I say it all the time. Apparently he's not as naughty as I think lol. I guarantee ignoring the 'naughty' behaviour isn't going to make him spoilt child. He's a kid 😌 they test u lol. DS tests me everyday.
    I just removed DSs dinner every time he does it. He keeps doing it and we stop with it. He isn't going to starve (I do feed him lol) he's shocking with throwing food. Love letting the dog in to clean up at the end of the day lol

Yep. My DS does the same. Head butting because he's not getting his way usually. Loves to look me dead in the eye, smile and drop is food on the floor too. I give him no reaction for the most part and food gets taken away for a minute. If he does it several times after having food taken away, food is gone. My point is, all completely normal IMO too. None of this makes them a spoilt brat. Just makes them kids. Heartstringz I mean this in the nicest possible way but you need to choose your battles and by that I mean choose what's important to worry about. These are small things that I find somewhat amusing now that I've learned to see it that way. I hope you're getting where I'm coming from.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Yep. My DS does the same. Head butting because he's not getting his way usually. Loves to look me dead in the eye, smile and drop is food on the floor too. I give him no reaction for the most part and food gets taken away for a minute. If he does it several times after having food taken away, food is gone. My point is, all completely normal IMO too. None of this makes them a spoilt brat. Just makes them kids. Heartstringz I mean this in the nicest possible way but you need to choose your battles and by that I mean choose what's important to worry about. These are small things that I find somewhat amusing now that I've learned to see it that way. I hope you're getting where I'm coming from.
    I get where you're coming from & i appreciate your post. I just struggle to know what is normal 15 month old behaviour that i can just ignore & what to take more seriously. I dont know that many other people with kids & those i do know either have 'perfect' kids or aren't honest ('oh, my kid never did that......'). So i dont know which battles to choose i wish i did, this would be much less stressful

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get where you're coming from & i appreciate your post. I just struggle to know what is normal 15 month old behaviour that i can just ignore & what to take more seriously. I dont know that many other people with kids & those i do know either have 'perfect' kids or aren't honest ('oh, my kid never did that......'). So i dont know which battles to choose i wish i did, this would be much less stressful
    Its hard. I do know people with kids but my DS has been different to everyone's kids (sleep was bad so we coslept/sleep, he still BF at 2.5yo, he always has been bad with solids and food). So pretty much I have felt alone in this.

If they aren't really hurting themselves (with the headbanging that's pretty normal) or breaking something I just let it go.

With the food - ignore/take away but keep it consistent.

You are doing a great job. I know you are having doubts and finding it difficult - but it's normal to feel that way.

Enjoy him. Embrace his personality. They are all different.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (10-10-2015),smallpotatoes  (10-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not negotiables: holding hands in car parks, seat belts, riding in trolley/pram/behaving in shop, not touching things in shops, brushing teeth. Taking turns, playing nicely, going down slides not up.

Negotiable: pretty much anything else unless it impacts safety. Most days I try and enforce having good kids but other days I do put it in the too hard basket. I'm sure I'll be back to add more to the not-negotiable lost today - I don't realise how much is on that list.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (11-10-2015),HeavenBlue  (10-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Its hard. I do know people with kids but my DS has been different to everyone's kids (sleep was bad so we coslept/sleep, he still BF at 2.5yo, he always has been bad with solids and food). So pretty much I have felt alone in this.

If they aren't really hurting themselves (with the headbanging that's pretty normal) or breaking something I just let it go.

With the food - ignore/take away but keep it consistent.

You are doing a great job. I know you are having doubts and finding it difficult - but it's normal to feel that way.

Enjoy him. Embrace his personality. They are all different.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Not negotiables: holding hands in car parks, seat belts, riding in trolley/pram/behaving in shop, not touching things in shops, brushing teeth. Taking turns, playing nicely, going down slides not up.

Negotiable: pretty much anything else unless it impacts safety. Most days I try and enforce having good kids but other days I do put it in the too hard basket. I'm sure I'll be back to add more to the not-negotiable lost today - I don't realise how much is on that list.
    Well explained. Much better then me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Oh my DS acts like a brat in other things lol I just ignore it. He's just.. My brat haha. I definitely pick my battles. Foods always been hard and only just getting better (well eating a variety hasn't gotten better lol) taking it away is the best thing with DS. He learns.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I almost feel like this should be in a "most serious vent" thread.
    I have lost my Apple TV remote. It cannot be found!
    I'm devastated! I downloaded the app on my phone but can't work out how to fast forward or rewind on it so it is not helpful

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (11-10-2015),Mamasupial  (10-10-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    I almost feel like this should be in a "most serious vent" thread.
    I have lost my Apple TV remote. It cannot be found!
    I'm devastated! I downloaded the app on my phone but can't work out how to fast forward or rewind on it so it is not helpful
    Have you never heard of the Google?!

Nice to have you back btw. Missed your guts :-)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (10-10-2015),TheGooch  (10-10-2015)