Closed Thread
Page 85 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It just seems like every time we make plans or have something we NEED to do he refuses to sleep. And he doesn't cry when overtired, he SCREAMS & nothing will make him stop & i dont feel like dealing with that out in public so its better to just stay home. Not to mention i literally cannot drive when he is screaming so therefore we can only go out with dh there to drive.

I honestly believe things will continue to be hard as dh is desperate for another child so we just get to repeat the not - sleeping, screaming, everything else again so i cant see an end any time soon.

He refused to sleep this arvo as well. Dh tried for over an hour even though we agreed we'd only try for 30 mins then go out, so now theres no time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @heartstringz

It definitely doesn't have to be that way. I recommend the use of headphones when he is screaming and you have to drive/cook/do a job or whatever. I understand anxiety plays a big role in your thoughts.

But think of this past year.

You had your baby, you breastfed your baby thru all your difficulties. You went back to work, you found him childcare and he is doing fine there. He is eating heaps of solids, he us sleeping well. He is healthy. You started driving.

YOU did all of that! You!! You are infinitely capable of accomplishing anything you want to do.

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

amyd  (26-09-2015),Californication  (26-09-2015),deku  (26-09-2015),harvs  (26-09-2015),HearMeRoar  (26-09-2015),HeavenBlue  (27-09-2015),LoveLivesHere  (26-09-2015),rosey82  (26-09-2015),wobbleyhorse  (26-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive started using headphones for cooking etc & it does help it but, but they don't work for driving - i literally have no driving experience at all so i need to concentrate & cant block it out. It would be like someone going & passing their driving test then driving themselves home afterwards with a SCREAMING baby in the car. I just avoid driving when hes tired cause I know thats best because it would be dangerous for me to drive while hes screaming

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You say DH wants another baby. Do you? Not all babies are the same. My DD was a lot more difficult than my DS. So if you do, don't let your son put you off. Your next baby could be a breeze. But if you don't want another, don't let him talk you into it either. I don't think that would be healthy for you.

I would bet money that when you need to go somewhere, you get more anxious about him having a sleep, he picks up on that and so won't sleep and it's just a vicious cycle. I don't think anything is going to change for you until you're willing to deal with your health issues.

I don't have any experience with anxiety, but I've seen some of your posts and do hope you're finally seeing someone about it. I think if you had that under control, you would find everything so much easier.

I know you probably just come here to vent, lots of us do. But do you realise that all your posts are negative? Even when something good happens like your DS finally eating, you turned that into a negative when you should have been ecstatic he was eating! Lots of people have given you advice about your anxiety and to try to help you deal with your DS, but you don't seem willing to take it on board. It can't be easy living like that and feeling so down and negative all the time which is why I hope you're getting some treatment for your anxiety. I know it must be hard to take that step, but I think if you do, things will get easier for you.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (26-09-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-09-2015),TheGooch  (26-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive tried counselling, cbt, mindfulness etc nothing works. And ive tried all these things for months, not just once. Medication feels like a bandaid solution - when i come off the meds ill just end up right back where i am again.

I always wanted two kids & id love to give ds a sibling but i dont think I can do it all again

8. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (26-09-2015)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Ive tried counselling, cbt, mindfulness etc nothing works. And ive tried all these things for months, not just once. Medication feels like a bandaid solution - when i come off the meds ill just end up right back where i am again.

I always wanted two kids & id love to give ds a sibling but i dont think I can do it all again
    Then don't do it. Not right now. Not if that's how you feel.

Medication can be a bandaid - but let's not discount band aids necessarily. Band aids serve a purpose too!

Some of those therapeutic options take Considerable time to see results. I say this because it might be possible that you haven't given them enough time? It wasn't so long ago you weren't able to try anything because of the difficulties you had getting to appointments or getting to see someone?

I hope you don't feel attacked. I see a lot of genuine people offering help and advice. I hope it helps

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (26-09-2015),Californication  (26-09-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (06-10-2015),HearMeRoar  (26-09-2015),LoveLivesHere  (26-09-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The Not So Serious Vent Thread #5

^^ I agree. If medication works, then take it! Keep trying the counselling for different techniques that can help. And if you've only seen a counsellor, maybe try a psychologist or psychiatrist, they have more training and may be more able to help you.

Have you tried yoga or meditation? Like I said, I don't suffer anxiety, but I know I feel so much better in my own head when I do those. Even some simple breathing exercises can help me on a bad day.

I'd just hate to see you have regret in 5 years that you didn't enjoy your DS While he is so small because of your anxiety. It's not a good way to live.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (26-09-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive tried a few psychologists. And all the ones i can find now that i can get to say i cant bring my son to appointments & that they have no creche facilities. I have no-one to leave him with. Ive contemplated just rocking up for the appointment with ds anyway but not sure how that would go down

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Ive tried a few psychologists. And all the ones i can find now that i can get to say i cant bring my son to appointments & that they have no creche facilities. I have no-one to leave him with. Ive contemplated just rocking up for the appointment with ds anyway but not sure how that would go down
    Just do it.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (26-09-2015),DT75  (26-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol maybe i should. I just can't really afford it if they refuse to see me but charge me anyway (cancellation fee etc)