Closed Thread
Page 80 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Ask my bestie what she feels is reasonable for people to spend for her hens (I don't know half the people coming so don't know their situations) I thought $100 per person was plenty.. She said she thinks $200 per person is better. I told her that's extremely steep, there's no way I'd pay that for a hens and she said oh but it's a good amount!
    Like cmon!!!
    Whoa! I'm currently planning my sister's and am thinking asking people to spend $80-100 is the absolute limit.

What is she thinking of doing for it to be $200?

I have to pay for flights and accommodation as well. Going to be a $$ weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Ummm... I would not attend a hens if I paid , $200. $100 - reasonable. What are you planning for the hens?
    I'm planning it so I can guarantee its not going to be $200. I would never pay that so why should u expect other people to? Insane much?
    I thought $100 would be enough.
    I was thinking some form of pamper party, with food but byo drinks.. she's now told me they are moving out of Brisbane and have no idea how I'll go organising it easily now. I have no idea where she's moving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Ask my bestie what she feels is reasonable for people to spend for her hens (I don't know half the people coming so don't know their situations) I thought $100 per person was plenty.. She said she thinks $200 per person is better. I told her that's extremely steep, there's no way I'd pay that for a hens and she said oh but it's a good amount!
    Like cmon!!!
    Wow times have changed. When I got married it was the custom for guest just to pay for their own drinks and one or two for the bride. So if you were broke you could still go and drink water all night.

Asking 200 for the hens night and another huge chunk for a wedding gift is just beyond my understanding. It certainly not how I would treat my friends.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    Wow times have changed. When I got married it was the custom for guest just to pay for their own drinks and one or two for the bride. So if you were broke you could still go and drink water all night.

Asking 200 for the hens night and another huge chunk for a wedding gift is just beyond my understanding. It certainly not how I would treat my friends.
    I just sent her a message saying if she wants it to be that much don't expect anyone to come. I told her I'd never pay that much. This is the woman wanting to do all diy decorations and not wanting to actually spend a cent but expects us to fork out chunks of money.
    It feels really rude expecting that much. I'm kinda annoyed at her lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    $200 is a rip. people can't afford that these days. it should be about getting together and having fun, not throwing money in the name of some overhyped event.

this is why I hate hens/bucks/showers etc. they lose their meaning!

just do a classy high tea and be done with it. what exactly does she have in mind for $200 per person!?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just sent her a message saying if she wants it to be that much don't expect anyone to come. I told her I'd never pay that much. This is the woman wanting to do all diy decorations and not wanting to actually spend a cent but expects us to fork out chunks of money.
    It feels really rude expecting that much. I'm kinda annoyed at her lol
    omg even worse!!!

she sounds like dh's sil...expects everyone to hand over cash when it comes to her but she always puts on the scabbiest and stingy stuff. wouldn't cross the road for someone else but thinks everyone owes her something. the age of entitlement is over honey!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    $200 is a rip. people can't afford that these days. it should be about getting together and having fun, not throwing money in the name of some overhyped event.

this is why I hate hens/bucks/showers etc. they lose their meaning!

just do a classy high tea and be done with it. what exactly does she have in mind for $200 per person!?
    I'd love to know! I shut her down pretty quickly. I don't see the point in having one but that's me.. She's all over it..

I certainly can't afford it! I can barely afford $100, that's why I'm thinking I may have to pass on going but my budget never stretches that far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    omg even worse!!!

she sounds like dh's sil...expects everyone to hand over cash when it comes to her but she always puts on the scabbiest and stingy stuff. wouldn't cross the road for someone else but thinks everyone owes her something. the age of entitlement is over honey!!
    That's the side I'm seeing of her at the moment! I said I'd help with whatever I could. She said well your in charge of making all the decorations. I told her like ***** I am! She said I'm creative. Which is a load of crap. I am so far from creative! I also do not have that much time on my hands to waste! If she wants to make decorations I'll send her some glue. That's my contribution. I sound really b!tchy but she seems to forget I've got a family..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smallpotatoes View Post
    Whoa! I'm currently planning my sister's and am thinking asking people to spend $80-100 is the absolute limit.

What is she thinking of doing for it to be $200?

I have to pay for flights and accommodation as well. Going to be a $$ weekend!
    She only told me she wanted a pamper party. So must be the most expensive pamper party she can find! I've told her I'll talk to her tomorrow about it and just explain that's really pricey and unfair on people. Like her mum has 3 other daughters so she would pay for the 2 youngest and herself. That's a crap load of money for one night!
    I'm the only one having to fly for it so I don't think she really sees that. I've got another 2 weddings next year to go to as well so I'll have to compromise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That's the side I'm seeing of her at the moment! I said I'd help with whatever I could. She said well your in charge of making all the decorations. I told her like ***** I am! She said I'm creative. Which is a load of crap. I am so far from creative! I also do not have that much time on my hands to waste! If she wants to make decorations I'll send her some glue. That's my contribution. I sound really b!tchy but she seems to forget I've got a family..
    I find the saddest part of all these events is that they only seem to bring out everyone's worst side!!

it is supposed to be a fun event, held in the good spirit of the upcoming wedding, for friends to get together and just have fun before the bride to be says I do. why does it always have to turn into such a fiasco!?

my friend put a little bachelorette weekend on for me in Sydney as I have no close female friends or family where I am. I was happy to fly over on cheap flights and she put on a high tea at a lovely venue for me. we went out that night in the city then out for a few wines then home. it was just a relaxed but fun girly weekend. no fuss or carry on (as I hate fuss and carry on).

I've helped organize kitchen teas etc in the past and the bride to be always has really stupid demands and ideas and just expects everyone to make planning the event their fulltime job.

I don't know, I think people have just gone generally a bit silly these days 😝