Closed Thread
Page 78 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    bloody frucking BIL and his pea-brained wife!! they have been texting to see if we wanted to get together tomo for breakfast so we responded with a plan and BIL is supposed to get back to dh to confirm or not. haven't heard anything back! you're the ones that initiated the plan you rude idiots! they'll prob text tonight in their usual rude, thoughtless fashion and say yeah see you tomorrow. argh!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    He's still crying in my lap but thank you.

I'd love that but Dp is still in bed.. Asleep. I have a feeling I won't get a break today. Dp is just in a crappy mood because he's not at golf.
    So when do you get a break? Not cool.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    He's still crying in my lap but thank you.

I'd love that but Dp is still in bed.. Asleep. I have a feeling I won't get a break today. Dp is just in a crappy mood because he's not at golf.
    Hope he's up by now and has apologised for being a huge a$$. Hope your DS is better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    So when do you get a break? Not cool.
    Seems I don't. He's going on about how tired he is. I kinda wanna whack him in the head with a shoe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Hope he's up by now and has apologised for being a huge a$$. Hope your DS is better soon.
    He finally got up, still whinging about how tired he is. No apology. Actually had the nerve to say I need to cheer up?!
    Thank you, he's perked up a bit so that's a plus

Thanks
    Reviews
    He finally got up, still whinging about how tired he is. No apology. Actually had the nerve to say I need to cheer up?!
    DS is your first? How old is he? New fathers often need training in not being a$$es. I know mine did! He would never bath or do things like that when our first was little. So I started to call him in as I needed to go to the toilet and just never went back LOL. Bath time has been his job since.

Though I still often need to kick him out of bed if I've been up with a sick kid and need a sleep (though more often than not, we both get up now). And if he doesn't? I don't try and be quiet anymore. The more noise the better.

When things are calmer, ask him if he really thinks it's fair that you've had x hours sleep compared to his x hours. Whether you work or are a SAHP, sleep is important to everyone. xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (06-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    DS is your first? How old is he? New fathers often need training in not being a$$es.
    This.

My hubby is great but after 20 + years and 6 kids he still needs reminding some days.

Convo the other day

Dh - but I take the kids to school 3 days a week to help you.

Me - no you take then because you are their parent and it's your job.

Dh - yeah I hadn't thought of it that way because you have always done it kind of felt like I was doing to help you but your right it is just part of being their parent.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (12-09-2015),smallpotatoes  (12-09-2015),twinklify  (12-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    This.

My hubby is great but after 20 + years and 6 kids he still needs reminding some days.

Convo the other day

Dh - yeah I hadn't thought of it that way because you have always done it kind of felt like I was doing to help you but your right it is just part of being their parent.
    DH came out with a shocker last year when we were going through a rough patch and told me I was lucky he came home in the evenings to help me as most of his partners stay til 730 or 8. I glared at him and replied "I thought you cane home to see your children. Helping me is incidental". He's never said anything like that again

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    DS is your first? How old is he? New fathers often need training in not being a$$es. I know mine did! He would never bath or do things like that when our first was little. So I started to call him in as I needed to go to the toilet and just never went back LOL. Bath time has been his job since.

Though I still often need to kick him out of bed if I've been up with a sick kid and need a sleep (though more often than not, we both get up now). And if he doesn't? I don't try and be quiet anymore. The more noise the better.

When things are calmer, ask him if he really thinks it's fair that you've had x hours sleep compared to his x hours. Whether you work or are a SAHP, sleep is important to everyone. xx
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    This.

Convo the other day

This explains a lot about my dh. He says some silly things sometimes. Just the other night ds was sick so I had a rather long night. The next day I was complaining to dh that he should have helped out and I wish I got to do whatever I liked in the evening/nighttime. He protested "but I didn't do whatever I liked, I put the washing out!". So I said" ...sure next time you can spend 10 hours looking after a sick ds and I'll do the washing instead (takes 10 mins if that)."

So many times this year I've had to pull dh up for saying he "works all day"...great...so what am I doing then when I study, work part time, look after ds and manage the household? Not to mention have done the "nightshift" with ds for 1.5 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's the age old argument Adorned. I'm a SAHM, and we mainly have it when I'm sick. DH isn't perfect, but is a lot better than some husbands I've read about on here, but I always feel really let down by him when I'm out for the count.

If he's sick, he gets to rest, moan etc. If I'm sick? I just have to suck it up because apart from getting takeaway, he doesn't do anything to help. I've been sick this time for weeks and it's taken him a month to pull his finger out and help with the dishes, food etc as I just can't do it. I spent the first month actually hating him for not helping. He even came home early and started late a few times, but did he help? Nope. Take our DS to school? Nope. In some ways it's too little too late, but I do appreciate him doing 20 mins of cleaning up to help me and hopefully he might have finally realised that that 20 mins make an enormous difference to how I feel about him and how quickly I recover!

But yes, the whole "I'm more tired than you because I work" thing is bull$hit. I've worked all my life. Often doing 9-10 hour days. Raising these kids is the hardest job I've ever had and I'm tired too you know! And at least he gets to go to the loo, shower, eat etc all by himself. I rarely do. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but they are exhausting! I can't wait for the youngest to start kindy. I'll suddenly have 30 hours a fortnight ALL TO MYSELF!!!!!! Woohooo!!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (12-09-2015),HeavenBlue  (18-09-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (12-09-2015)