Closed Thread
Page 68 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't control DD's eczema. She's bleeding again. No amount of steroid, moisturiser, pat drying, bleach bath routine gets it under control for longer than a couple of days. We have seen 2 paediatricians and a dermatologist why can't anybody help her properly? It isn't fair. I don't know what to try next, so depressed.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    I can't control DD's eczema. She's bleeding again. No amount of steroid, moisturiser, pat drying, bleach bath routine gets it under control for longer than a couple of days. We have seen 2 paediatricians and a dermatologist why can't anybody help her properly? It isn't fair. I don't know what to try next, so depressed.
    Have you kept a food diary? DS is triggered by tomato and citrus. Also, I'm not sure how old your DD is but a spoonful of avocado every day helps regulate him.

It's awful, I know :-(

3. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

yadot  (17-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    It's so annoying when someone checks in on Facebook at an emergency department and gives no explanation, then go MIA. They've got like 20 people asking what's wrong then come back and give an explanation. Seriously if you're not going to give an upfront explanation to stop people thinking the worse, then don't post at all! It's even worse when a pregnant person does it.
    My sil is a classic for this! It's beyond irritating. I just wish people would stop responding and asking her what's wrong so maybe she'd realise she's not getting any attention and stop it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    It's so annoying when someone checks in on Facebook at an emergency department and gives no explanation, then go MIA. They've got like 20 people asking what's wrong then come back and give an explanation. Seriously if you're not going to give an upfront explanation to stop people thinking the worse, then don't post at all! It's even worse when a pregnant person does it.
    Ohh vaguebooking at is best, drives me insane.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    I was talking to a mum the other day and her youngest suffered from terrible eczema. No one local knew how to make it better so she was told to turn up to the emergency department of the royal children's hospital, which is what she did. (We live a 2.5hr drive away).
    Coincidentally that very day drs from all over Australia were there for professional development about eczema an her ds ended up being the case study as it was the worst case they had seen in a long time.
    But, my point is the drs at the RCH hospitals are the best and if you're not getting answers locally its probably worth the effort to get there if you can.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

yadot  (17-08-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I forgot to add: it's now totally under control of course. She said it was the best thing for him she could have done.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

yadot  (17-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    The moment you are having some quiet time in the toilet and look at your watch to realise you are meant to be at the drs right at that very moment. I discovered I can get "mid toilet visit" to my Dr in 7 minutes flat. Which by the way dp must think was hilarious because I ran out of the toilet yelling "oh sh!t! Sh!t! Sh!t! I gotta go! I gotta go!". He's all "wtf?! Are you on about?" lol I got there without speeding too because the car I got stuck behind was going more than 20km slower than the speed limit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Flying to qld tomorrow with ds, he's had a shocker of a day. Seems like he's getting worse not better from this cold. He only slept an hour at day care and he's miserable. Poor bubba is going to be so cranky tomorrow with all the driving and then flying and being sick on top of that... What a fun time we have ahead 😔

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does the food throwing ever end??? 7 months & counting now, so sick of wearing a raincoat every meal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Does the food throwing ever end??? 7 months & counting now, so sick of wearing a raincoat every meal.
    What happens if you just remove the food?

I used to and still remove plates if the kids are being silly chooks. If I remove 3x then that's it. No more food till the next meal.