Closed Thread
Page 58 of 100 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sometimes I feel like taking ds to daycare at breakfast, lunch & dinner time on the two weekdays he doesnt attend cause at least that way he will eat something.

He eats beautifully for everyone & will not eat anything for me. Ive tried blw & purees & spoonfeeding & finger food. He was eating for me for about a week then he stopped.

So i guess he'll just exist soley on milk two days a week & hopefully he gets enough nutrients the other days, cause this has been going on for over 6 months now & im ready to just give up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Sometimes I feel like taking ds to daycare at breakfast, lunch & dinner time on the two weekdays he doesnt attend cause at least that way he will eat something.

He eats beautifully for everyone & will not eat anything for me. Ive tried blw & purees & spoonfeeding & finger food. He was eating for me for about a week then he stopped.

So i guess he'll just exist soley on milk two days a week & hopefully he gets enough nutrients the other days, cause this has been going on for over 6 months now & im ready to just give up.
    With this age you have to look at what they eat over the whole week and it sounds like he's good if you look at the whole week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FrothyFrog View Post
    With this age you have to look at what they eat over the whole week and it sounds like he's good if you look at the whole week.
    I agree with this. Have you asked his childcare what they do differently? Different food, different chair, different timing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Why would you walk into an almost empty cafe, see a couple with 3 kids 4 & under already eating. 2 of the kids are clearly over it and are starting to play up yet you CHOOSE to sit directly next to them rolling your eyes and grunting at us the entire time. Ugh! Sit somewhere else you horrible old cow!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Mum, Dad, Brother & Sister,

Seriously over being made to feel guilty for the decisions DH and I have made and for the way we are raising our son.
    So you let your 3 kids sit in front of ipads and tv's all day that's your decision, but we won't do that, DS gets limited screen time and is outside or playing with blocks/books instead! And don't tell me i'm being to hard on him by saying he can sit and wait for us to finish our lunch before we get up and leave restaurant! Your kids clearly have no manners and are allowed to run amok.
    And Mum just because Brother is the only boy doesn't mean you can treat me like nothing and say that he is the favourite because he is the heir and will carry on the family name! i don't care about that, i just want my mum to support me and my families decisions and to understand where i am coming from sometimes.
    And no i won't be sending his kids anything for their birthday's until he and his wife start acknowedging my son and his birthday! no phone call from them means no phone call from me. Start realising i'm not the one in the wrong all the time would you!

**** Vent Over ****

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    Why would you walk into an almost empty cafe, see a couple with 3 kids 4 & under already eating. 2 of the kids are clearly over it and are starting to play up yet you CHOOSE to sit directly next to them rolling your eyes and grunting at us the entire time. Ugh! Sit somewhere else you horrible old cow!!!
    It makes me laugh when people do this, they can clearly see that you have children with you but then sit and groan the whole time.
    Our DS is a major flirt so sits and flirts with the waitresses all the time or say's hello to random people, it amazes me how many don't answer him he is 3 he says hello to everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I agree with this. Have you asked his childcare what they do differently? Different food, different chair, different timing?
    Ive asked daycare. He has some different food, but i also send morning & afternoon tea which he eats no problems. Pretty much the same timings as i try to keep it consistant.

Now hes eating banana off the floor, so i guess we are just chucking all his food on the floor for him. Not looking forward to cleaning it up off the floor &;walls throughout the house though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Ive asked daycare. He has some different food, but i also send morning & afternoon tea which he eats no problems. Pretty much the same timings as i try to keep it consistant.

Now hes eating banana off the floor, so i guess we are just chucking all his food on the floor for him. Not looking forward to cleaning it up off the floor &;walls throughout the house though
    Honestly my Dd is usually shocking at dinner time, she will say "no" without even trying dinner or try and chuck it on the floor etc, it's not unusual for her to either have a cup of milk or a yoghurt for dinner, nothing substantial what so ever.

She makes up for it by eating a huge breakfast because obviously she is hungry by then. I always prepare dinner, always offer it in different ways and sometimes she will eat certain bits and most times she will squish it everywhere. She is fine though, what she eats in a day makes up for her lack of interest in dinner. So your Ds would be making up for it on his day care days.

I have no idea why Dd does what she does at dinner time, I've tried different solutions and they haven't worked so I just run with it, maybe she's not hungry, maybe she doesn't like how it's served etc, even as her mum I have honestly no idea. I'm sure one day she will eat a substantial dinner.

Sorry for the long winded post, I just wanted to point out that all of our children have their ways of stressing us out by doing something that you don't expect but it should sort itself out in the end. Hugs.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DreamyMummy For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (24-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

What high chair do they use? Maybe you could buy the same one?

Or maybe it's just because you're breastfeeding and he sees his food and throwing it is his way of saying he doesn't want food, he just wants boob??

11. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @heartstringz feel free to pm me if you like we have loads of feeding difficulties! I could seriously just give DS milk if I was breast feeding. It is so mentally draining!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post: