Closed Thread
Page 54 of 101 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    He was intending on cooking the schnitzel, but didn't want to do the actual work. He knew we were having schnitzel, and that stir-fry was for tonight... that's all that's in the house.
    He loves both.
    He is just so freaking lazy! Seriously... his turn to cook dinner and he always makes something with rice, and asks me to do the rice as mine "is nicer". Defeats the purpose of him cooking once a week!

I had toast and egg for dinner. He complained all night that he got nothing.
    eeeeek! that would be frustrating. does he have any dishes that he does really well and aren't too much of a bother for him to cook alone?

I know dh and I definitely have our own strengths in the kitchen. I can't stand frying meat (or cooking meat full stop really, I struggle to know if it's under/overdone) so that's his job. as are curries. whereas I excel at risottos (he always ends up with claggy overdone rice), desserts and all baked items. we just play to our strengths and leave the other one alone or just offer to help peripherally (like washing up as the other is cooking). I can't stand actually cooking with him, our methods differ greatly and I take his "suggestions" as criticism lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lolly007 View Post
    eeeeek! that would be frustrating. does he have any dishes that he does really well and aren't too much of a bother for him to cook alone?

I know dh and I definitely have our own strengths in the kitchen. I can't stand frying meat (or cooking meat full stop really, I struggle to know if it's under/overdone) so that's his job. as are curries. whereas I excel at risottos (he always ends up with claggy overdone rice), desserts and all baked items. we just play to our strengths and leave the other one alone or just offer to help peripherally (like washing up as the other is cooking). I can't stand actually cooking with him, our methods differ greatly and I take his "suggestions" as criticism lol.
    He does everything really well, he just doesn't want to do it. Which is why we agreed to once a week. He tells me what he'll cook, and I include it in my shopping. When it comes to doing it, he fobs off enough parts that I may as well do it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I'm sooooooo bored! Sorry but babies and 3 year olds are boring!

I have had 2 days back at work in 2 weeks and I've got a taste for not being at home with kids and boy did I enjoy it!

Only 1.5 days before I go back again.
    I totally agree! I'm on my 4th day off work with my toddler and while it's nice to have a break from work, I'm already sick of all the games she likes to play lol. I was thinking today of how nice it will be to have an extended period of leave after we have another baby, then I thought - no it won't! I was going crazy by the end of my 6 months off with my first daughter and couldn't wait to get back to work!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My super tall 2 year old is already too tall for her size 3 shirts, jumpers / jackets and parka that I just bought about a month ago! Just put her parka on to play outside and her belly is showing!! Bloody hell. She's going to be a size 4 at 2 years old!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Grrr... please stop making plans for our time with the kids. It is not ok, and we will ignore your attempts to "discuss" it- as your version of discussing is hitting us with guilt over and over until we agree.
    Unless it is an important event, it does not need to be done. For god's sake it's on every year! You took them last year as it was your time, this year is our time. Tough. Take them next year.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    My super tall 2 year old is already too tall for her size 3 shirts, jumpers / jackets and parka that I just bought about a month ago! Just put her parka on to play outside and her belly is showing!! Bloody hell. She's going to be a size 4 at 2 years old!
    My ds is in size 3 at 18 months...I bought some cheap 4s on the weekend for him to grow into.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I feel you. My 4 yo is in size 6 already!

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    @CakeyMumma looks like I should have gotten those cheap size 5 pjs on the weekend. I only got size 3 & 4. I'm kind of hoping he is still in 4 next year.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (14-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Grrr H, you are really dropping the ball lately.

You were supposed to let your ex know that we were postpoing DSDs music for the next term while we catch up on bills. You've had a month to let her know.
    Did you? No. So she calls me today to yell.
    How is it my fault??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Reading everyone has tall kids makes me sad DS1 is short because I am. Not freakishly short but one of the shortest in his class and he fits in size 4 clothes. I just made him stop wearing the pair of jeans he got for his 2nd birthday, he is 5.5!