Closed Thread
Page 32 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I dont know if I could have it done under a local, honestly. I hate the dentist. Ive never even had a filling or anything like that & i dont like them sticking the things in my mouth. Id probably rather be completely knocked out, if its not going to be a problem with breastfeeding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @heartstringz

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed under GA whilst still breastfeeding my DS.

I made sure that I discussed this with the anaesthetist when I meet him prior to surgery (about a week before). He didn't seem to be overly worried about it.

My DS could go through the day without feeding (although didn't eat many solids at the time - I swear he lived off 5 blueberries a day for weeks). I just made sure I fed him first thing and then fed him at the normal time that night.

There didn't seem to be any ill effects for DS and getting those teeth out was the best thing I ever did (I had put it off for 17yrs - oops).

Best of luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (17-05-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Murphys Law sucks! Just when dh starts a new job on monday, i have pain in my gum right where one of my wisdom teeth is (it has never come through & there isnt room for it & ive been putting off getting it out). So off to the dentist i go .

And im betting they will encourage me to get all four out (none of them came through). Im really scared of getting them out whichbis why i havent done it.

Hopefully we can work it around dh's new job. And im still breastfeeding ds a couple of times a day. i hate dentists........
    I hate dentists too. Yuck.

At the moment it's just one sore spot in your mouth though, right? So maybe find out exactly what the problem is before worrying too much about the other stuff? It might be what you think, but also it might not be. And just because they encourage you to get all four out doesn't mean you have to!

If this last year has shown you anything, it's that you can handle the unexpected or inconvenient. You'll handle this too.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (17-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who stole my veggie eating daughter and replaced her with this fussy one??

Admittedly it only used to be carrot, beans, peas, sweet potato, cucumber and tomato that I could get her to eat, but at least it was something! She looked at tonight's dinner of fish, carrots, sweet potato, beans and broccoli and immediately screwed his face up. Gah!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I cooked a lovely roast chicken tonight. But, being the tired mum I am, I put all the flavourings on the underside of the chicken and crisped up that skin instead of the breast side.
    I couldn't understand when I began carving why I was hitting bone straight away when there should have been big juicy breast meat! :der:

I figured it out eventually- but the skin on the right side was saggy and oily and yuck. Oh well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    I cooked a lovely roast chicken tonight. But, being the tired mum I am, I put all the flavourings on the underside of the chicken and crisped up that skin instead of the breast side.
    I couldn't understand when I began carving why I was hitting bone straight away when there should have been big juicy breast meat! :der:

I figured it out eventually- but the skin on the right side was saggy and oily and yuck. Oh well.
    I did that exact thing and had those exact thoughts a couple of months ago! It was so disappointing!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I did that exact thing and had those exact thoughts a couple of months ago! It was so disappointing!
    Glad to know I'm not alone!

Today's vent (let's be realistic and say this mornings vent!): I wish my dd would leave me alone long enough for me to execute a whole toilet break. Going, doing my business, wiping, flushing, washing. No fancy extra stuff, just long enough to get it all done without an audience. She is even beginning to try and help me wipe for goodness sake!
    Is 3 minutes too much to ask for from a 21 month old?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Why did i think cleaning the plastics cupboard was a good idea while ds was awake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both boys get hives in the space of 3 days.. Nooo clue whats causing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying to cull the guest list for my baby shower - and it's causing me physical distress! I think the baby has noticed as well as all of a sudden I am feeling her more.

I can't cull anyone else off the list, because if I do I will either offend some really good friends or P*** off family members - at the same time, my MIL- who out of the goodness of her heart is throwing this for me - has kind of put a limit on 10 people...and I have 16 including me. ugh why is this so hard!