Closed Thread
Page 25 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Oh great. Ds woke up again & is wide awake & wont go back to sleep. The other night when he did this it took dh & i 5 hours to get him down. I wonder how long it will take tonight.......
    Are you sure he's wide awake? If so, it might be better for one of you just to get him up to play and wear him out a bit? I found after DS started cc he would do this every now and then for the first two weeks. It's like if he woke up he would remember this whole new experience he'd been having and it would excite him awake - that was my theory, anyway!

I will never ever forget the night my DS woke up at 10 and stayed up til 5. Hands down the worst night of my life. If I could do it again, I wouldn't have tried for so long to get him back down when he was so obviously wide awake. I still would have been exhausted but it would have been better for my wellbeing.

Hope it's just a glitch and he goes to sleep again soon.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (21-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks Harvs we are trying playtime now as he is very awake. Fingers crossed it works this time!

Edit: not working so far . Im so over all sleeps now being a huge battle. Everything was fine until he learnt to pull up in his cot . Dh & i are both exhausted, frustrated & so over this.

Still awake, its 12.15am. Much more of this & ill just have to leave him to scream it out cause NOTHING is working. Really glad i wasted a week of my life at sleep school....
    Last edited by heartstringz; 22-04-2015 at 00:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got him down at about 1.30am & he just woke up again at 4am. Dh & i have had exactly the same amount of sleep but dh acted like he is the only one who is tired. I said id sit up & hold ds till 6am but that dh better get up then & take over (he is notorious for cancelling his alarm). He said 'oh i think its a bit unrealistic to expect me to get up exactly when my alarm goes off!'

Umm no, that is perfectly realistic given ive had 2 1/2 hrs sleep & am now sitting & holding a sleeping ds. Sure would appreciate some relief but i know i wont get it, ill just sit here & listen to his alarm going off & being cancelled over & over again. If he does that im leaving......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When my girls did that middle of night wake thing I restarted the bedtime routine ie bath and milk. I also never did the play time at night. Just either climbed in the cot with them or plonked them in bed with me.

Starting daycare stuffed sleeps up for 1-3 wks for both girls.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (25-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got him down at about 1.30am & he just woke up again at 4am. Dh & i have had exactly the same amount of sleep but dh acted like he is the only one who is tired. I said id sit up & hold ds till 6am but that dh better get up then & take over (he is notorious for cancelling his alarm). He said 'oh i think its a bit unrealistic to expect me to get up exactly when my alarm goes off!'

Umm no, that is perfectly realistic given ive had 2 1/2 hrs sleep & am now sitting & holding a sleeping ds. Sure would appreciate some relief but i know i wont get it, ill just sit here & listen to his alarm going off & being cancelled over & over again. If he does that im leaving......
    Dump your son on your hubby and go to bed. You need sleep too.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (25-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In order to do that id have to wake ds up as hes asleep on me in the lounge room & he doesn't transfer. Id rather ds had some sleep so ill just continue to hold him for as long as i can i guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In order to do that id have to wake ds up as hes asleep on me in the lounge room & he doesn't transfer. Id rather ds had some sleep so ill just continue to hold him for as long as i can i guess.
    You are too lovely and patient.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why would you bother taking your kids to an ANZAC Day service if you are just going to let them play loudly (yelling & yahooing) on the swings right next to the Service for the entire time (including during the Last Post). Not normally one to judge other parents, but seriously! How disrespectful!

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Why would you bother taking your kids to an ANZAC Day service if you are just going to let them play loudly (yelling & yahooing) on the swings right next to the Service for the entire time (including during the Last Post). Not normally one to judge other parents, but seriously! How disrespectful!
    That is horribly disrespectful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know! The kids themselves should have been old enough to know better & im guessing the parents were in the crowd somewhere.