+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for the ideas all. I've been looking at more overnight oat recipes and I'm really liking the sound of them. Many have chia seeds too so added protein and omegas. A lot would be great for DH too. He can tolerate yoghurt but not dairy milk so I'd replace the milk in his with oat milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkydunks View Post
    Thanks for the ideas all. I've been looking at more overnight oat recipes and I'm really liking the sound of them. Many have chia seeds too so added protein and omegas. A lot would be great for DH too. He can tolerate yoghurt but not dairy milk so I'd replace the milk in his with oat milk.
    For the days when you can't be bothered, the uncle Toby's quick oats with berries/fruit have a little sweetness to them and with a bit of milk make a well proportioned breakfast. You sort of need to soldier on with them for a week or two if you're used to over sweetening homemade porridge but I swear by them for having a regular, super easy breakfast that doesn't break the bank.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Chunkydunks  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have eggs pretty much every morning, I used to have a couple of eggs with whatever veggies I had in the fridge at the time, usually spring onions, corn,tomatoes, left over roast vegetables but now I have 1 egg cooked like a very thin pancake on top of a piece of rye bread with some salt and pepper and it's delicious.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DreamyMummy For This Useful Post:

Chunkydunks  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    For the days when you can't be bothered, the uncle Toby's quick oats with berries/fruit have a little sweetness to them and with a bit of milk make a well proportioned breakfast. You sort of need to soldier on with them for a week or two if you're used to over sweetening homemade porridge but I swear by them for having a regular, super easy breakfast that doesn't break the bank.
    I don't mind the sweetness of the quick oats but was told to avoid them. The quick oats have a higher GI so the endo told me to stick to whole oats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I want to thank you all again for the suggestions. I loved the overnight oats and so did DS. He even had his own bowl this morning! Can't wait to try out some different flavours. I had the 1/2 cup version yesterday and found it was a little too much so had the 1/3 cup version today and it was the perfect size. The recipes I found were slightly different. Most say equal quantities of oats, milk (of any sort) and yoghurt and then add whatever else you want. I've been adding a tbs of chia seeds, some honey and frozen berries (minus the Hep A)

And on another good note, woolies had bananas yesterday after not having them for about a week!

I'm liking some of the different egg ideas and they'll be good to have as an alternative to the fry up. I already have a fair amount of eggs in my diet so any more and I think it could have a bit of a negative effect lol

NurseAnni is offline Winner 2014 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This might sound ridiculous but how do you heat the oats? In the jar?
    ETA: omfg I'm stupid you would heat them in the bowl. Der!

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    thinking about your sugar addiction, why don't you buy a small teaspoon, like a quarter of a teaspoon size, and just use that to add your sugar. I think sugar is easy to wean off rather than cut it out completely. or add a different ingredient, like cinnamon, or vanilla essence. ?? exercise, is something that needs to be scheduled, not something you will do if time permits. set aside 15 mins that you will use for exercise, so when that time comes, you get out and move. no discussion, no excuses, just do it. hugs, marie.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Chunkydunks  (26-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by NurseAnni View Post
    This might sound ridiculous but how do you heat the oats? In the jar?
    ETA: omfg I'm stupid you would heat them in the bowl. Der!
    I've been eating them cold but some people just heat them up in a bowl.