+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Yum! That looks amazing!!! I love mini cheesecakes! I have a mini cheesecake pan - you need to buy one! I made these 2 weeks ago and put a caramel sauce over the top!
    Don't encourage me! I want a mini cheesecake pan. I want one in many sizes. They are so awesome! I use the big ones I have to make pizzas in.

Is there such a thing as a square one? Now that I would definitely buy! And two of!

*drools thinking about caramel*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    Where did you get the mini cheesecake pan from?
    I got it years ago in a homeware store - but type in mini cheesecake pan on eBay - there are plenty around the $16 mark - they look like this:
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1429519788.073479.jpg

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Don't encourage me! I want a mini cheesecake pan. I want one in many sizes. They are so awesome! I use the big ones I have to make pizzas in.

Is there such a thing as a square one? Now that I would definitely buy! And two of!

*drools thinking about caramel*
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1429519900.033096.jpg

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    OMG yum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    I got it years ago in a homeware store - but type in mini cheesecake pan on eBay - there are plenty around the $16 mark - they look like this:
    Attachment 69525
    You're so mean! Those pans are awesome! They would come in so handy for lots of things.

Fine! Im doing caramel. You twisted my arm. Lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Yep.. Tasted fantastic! Smooth and creamy. Spoon glided through it when just enough pressure was applied, not too much and not too little, and then a *tink* when the spoon broke through the base and hit the plate. Oh and the silence coming from dd2 who had been having a meltdown moments earlier.. And the "hmmm.. ohhhh yeaaahhhh... Goood.." afterwards from the same tear riddled face that was screaming moments ago but now wears a content smile.

It was exactly what I was after. Thank you @Elijahs Mum

PS I made caramel sauce but I don't think it needed it. It was perfect as it was.

Dp complained that it was nice but a bit too creamy. Well go try a who bought cheesecake dear. I don't think you remember them quite the same as you think you do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay! I'm glad you liked it- tell your DP there is no such thing as a too creamy cheesecake!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (20-04-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Dp complained that it was nice but a bit too creamy. Well go try a who bought cheesecake dear. I don't think you remember them quite the same as you think you do.
    See this type of thing makes me wild. I know you're probably not that bothered, but it used to make me so mad when I would go to the effort of trying something new with FOB and he'd be all 'meh' about it.

How hard is it to say 'this is lovely, thanks for going to such an effort,' and then suddenly remembering a special phone call you have to make so you take your plate outside while you're 'on the phone' and secretly burying it if your DELICIOUS DESSERT WITH CARAMEL SAUCE is so offensive to your highness' taste buds?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    See this type of thing makes me wild. I know you're probably not that bothered, but it used to make me so mad when I would go to the effort of trying something new with FOB and he'd be all 'meh' about it.

How hard is it to say 'this is lovely, thanks for going to such an effort,' and then suddenly remembering a special phone call you have to make so you take your plate outside while you're 'on the phone' and secretly burying it if your DELICIOUS DESSERT WITH CARAMEL SAUCE is so offensive to your highness' taste buds?
    Lol Nah it's OK in this instance. As long as it's constructive criticism then I'm not offended. He did say that's the only negative. We have a thing where we both like to improve our cooking and me especially asks how to improve something if it can be or should be improved. Mil was horrified when she heard dp give criticism the first time she heard him do it. But I have asked him specifically with good to tell me if I can improve something.

There is also a back story to this cheesecake fiasco. Many years ago I tried to find the perfect cheesecake recipe and made at least one every 3 days for weeks to the point neither of us could even stomache looking at one for a couple years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    And I simply told him that if it's too creamy then we are more than happy to take it off his hands. That got a quick snatch away and firm no from him.