+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh the Lisa Harnum/Simon Gittany case? That was absolutely awful, I wouldn't buy that apartment either.

RIP

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Also, that was so much more recent that a murder in the 1980s. I think that would make a difference too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh I think so - most people don't know about my one unless they were locals in the 90,s who knew the family ( I didn't know about it but DH did cause he went to the local school)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep I would, unless I got a funny vibe inside
    I have no idea with my current house but odds are good someone passed here (it's very old), and I don't have any creepy feelings so I'm not worried.

Price is also a major factor, if it was cheaper I would be happy I was getting a bargain (we don't move a lot so resale value isn't a huge priority).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read the other responses, but no, I wouldn't. If it was for an investment, perhaps - but I'm sure people in the local area know of the story behind it, so it could be hard to let. But no I could never live there, it would creep me out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Yeah I thought that but honestly just don't know how we would word it? We were thinking if a buyer requested a contract or showed interest or wanted a re inspect we would just say " we just have to bring to your attention that a murder did occur in the home 20 years ago " we thought its best not to "publicise " it as such on a brochure as we don't want sticky beak locals or worse coming through? I personally think it should be stated in the contract but unfortunately the solicitors won't as it does not fall under their legislation but ours
    Yeah you wouldn't put it on a flyer...that's actually a horrible idea! Definitely mention it once they request a section 32 though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep I would my friends MILS house a murder happened and they have lost heaps money!! Now they aren't selling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Murdered, no. I'm fine with someone having died in a house, but not that way. The house we're in now I know dp's grandfather died on the bathroom floor, doesn't bother me so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Out of curiosity how is it being listed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You mean what kind of listing? Auction - we auction all of our properties