+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try and sort out a flight around nap time, so that they can have a quick top up and drift off to sleep for hopefully the majority of the flight!

We travel all the time, bub was 8 weeks the first time. It's not hard (I actually enjoy the flights) but you need to be organised to make it easier for yourself. Zip lock bags help avoid potential spillages &/or soiled clothing. Thermos bottles help keep water warm if you are formula feeding do that you don't need to rely on flight attendants to help and if you're BF pop em on the boob however many times you like!

If the flight attendants don't give you one straight away, ask for a pillow ASAP as they only have limited supplies of pillows and blankets.

Also if you do need to pull out & pack away stuff, do it before the 'fasten seatbelt' sign goes on so that you are prepared when it's time to get off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nette View Post

Someone else mentioned the bassinet row - most domestic flights won't have this, it is usually only on the larger international flights.
    We're from Perth, so a lot of flights do have bassinet rows (which is very, very welcome on a 4 or 5 hour flight!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Pack a dummy in case feeding during take off and landing doesn't work out (I found it pretty tricky with the infant seatbelt and DS being distracted).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I've flown heaps with my kids, usually on my own... My advice is prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Bring everything you think might help but they might still cry for the whole 2 hours... They might also sleep the whole time... Or chatter and look out the windows. Or some combination of all of the above.

Otherwise I always get an Isle seat, so I can escape if I need to. I've found most of the time as long as it's steady in the air and they're not going up and down with a trolley it's okay to pace a bit with a crying baby etc. Or just "go to the toilet" a few times

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh I forgot to mention - with the ergo, if you can, keep it buckled around your waist after you have taken bub out. That means it's easy to just load them back in at the end of the flight - you won't have to worry about putting bub down to clip in again.