+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS is almost 6 and same as yours, saturated by 9pm, but still asleep if not wearing a nappy. I don't think he has ever had a dry night. There is a continence clinic at a hospital nearby, but they won't even see you for bedwetting until they're 6, so I'm going to give it a bit longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 4.5yo twin boys and one is is pull-ups overnight still and the other has been dry at night for as long as he's been dry during the day! I am not concerned about my boy--he's just not there yet. But if you are concerned trust your gut and you could start with your GP or a continence clinic. But I do believe it's quite normal at 4 to wet overnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    I also think it's completely normal. My 3 youngest were night TT from 2-3 years however my eldest is 8 and will still wet some nights.
    Have you tried to take him out of pull ups? We kept telling DD1 if she wakes dry we'll let her wear undies but it never happened. One night I had no pull ups left and of course she doesn't wet the bed. Turned out she was just used to the pull ups.
    Yeah we have tried no pull up. He gets excited that he wont wear nappies anymore at night time but still wets.

Thanks all. Im glad that its quite normal. It just a shock because DD was dry so quickly.
    He not quite 4.5 yo so ill give it another year or so. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd6 has only just become dry at night.

She was toilet trained from 2 years but nights have always been an issue. We went to drs and had a general check over (ie for UTIs and other contributory issues) and were cleared.

The Mat with alarm sensor was suggested but as she managed to sleep through my house alarm going off (and the fire alarm on another night) we thought it would be a waste of time.

One thing that helped was just before bed we would walk from her bed to the toilet and back (not going) then read a book. We'd do the walk again, come back read another book. Turn her light off and a night light on. Repeat walk but this time use the facilities. Then back to bed. This imprinted on her brain and was recommended by dr.

I do think that dd6 was just ready in her own time and that it's not worth stressing over especially as it's more common than we know - many people just don't talk about it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jodiet768 For This Useful Post:

debsch  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    My SIL works with incontinence and professionals do not recommend treatment until 7.
    A health check up couldn't hurt to rule anything out but it really is quite common not to night time train until 7.
    I work in health and collegues say 5yrs and to seek the advice of a gp, it certainly can't hurt as it can be linked to a variety of health issues. I would be concerned if it was my child. Both ds' s were completely out of nappies at 3yrs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Please let him drink after 5pm. Poor poppet

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (23-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Please let him drink after 5pm. Poor poppet
    Maybe im a bit sensitive today but this kinda feels a bit mean.

We only did this once and he was fine but woke up in the night thirsty so we let him drink and he wet. I read somewhere to limit liquid to keep them dry at night so i tried and it didnt work.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to loislane2010 For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    Maybe im a bit sensitive today but this kinda feels a bit mean.

We only did this once and he was fine but woke up in the night thirsty so we let him drink and he wet. I read somewhere to limit liquid to keep them dry at night so i tried and it didnt work.
    Sorry. I thought you were doing this every evening.

Nah it wont work.

My son is 5.5 yrs old and no matter what we do, he wets the nappy. When he turns 6 we might talk to his Peadiatrician about those alarms that beep.

His brother is 3 yrs old and already waking up dry.
    They are all different.
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 24-03-2015 at 11:27.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

loislane2010  (25-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering if he might be constipated? I've read (because we're also toilet training) that if you're blocked up in there that there is little room for pee so it can affect kids toileting habits.

As for night training, if we have dinner at 5.30pm (finishing at 6pm) and no drinks for an hour before last potty-stop & bed at around 7pm, our boy is usually dry in the morning. But life's not perfect and that doesn't happen evening night so he is usually wet in the morning If I hear him moaning & groaning an hour or two after he's gone to bed then I take him to the potty again and he's OK till morning.