+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    And Target has 30% of most skincare/cosmetics starting Thursday. I saved heaps today at Priceline, gotta love a bargain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    Just spent $100 at Priceline. Now to find out what I like and what I don't. Got 2 primers to try the Rimmel Stay Matt and Maybelline Instant Age rewind Primer. Also got the Loreal Nude Magique Blur cream which I tried already and really like. It does seem to even things out. Plus some foundation, concealer, blush and some Garnier BB cream.
    I'll be interested to see which one you like...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    I'll be interested to see which one you like...
    Used the Maybelline primer today and thought it was pretty good. Definite improvement on none at all. Will try the Rimmel tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    I used to be a primer lover but seriously not so much anymore. I'd prefer not to add yet another layer of stuff to my skin.
    By the time I've cleansed, moisturised, sun protection and foundation, I don't use primer unless absolutely necessary.
    Mac prep & prime used to be awesome but the formula has changed.
    Napoleon auto pilot wasn't bad
    Armani Fluid Master Primer is good too.
    Benefit Porefessional wasn't bad on me either.
    I just find the more layers I use, especially layers with silicone, cause my skin to get congested and break out.
    I always use a primer if I want my base to last absolutely all day/night without touch ups. Or if I want a dewy finish and don't want to use a setting powder.

Due to oily lids I am an eye primer addict. UD primer potion is awesome and my other favourite is NARS pro prime. Tiny little tube but it's amazing stuff!
    I agree. I'm also not a fan of primers. They are silicone based to fill pores and often leave skin congested leading to break puts. I only use for special occasions if I need to last all day. I find the next day I will have had a little break out.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (26-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Spin off: Under foundation primers

I use invisible zinc as a 'primer.' I saw the tip in a beauty mag years ago and have never turned back!

Eta: I've had acne on and off since I was 22 so have skin that's oily/sensitive. I find invisible zinc tackles many of my issues without having to add layer upon later of crap.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 25-03-2015 at 18:25.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (26-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Used Rimmel Stay Matt this morning and not that happy. Makes my face look dry. Think the Maybelline gives a smoother surface for my foundation. Waiting on a BareMinerals one to arrive in the post so will see if that's better than the Maybelline one

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so clueless when it comes to makeup- so is the idea of primer that it stops your foundation from fading? I got dolled up last night for the first time in ages but by the end of the night it just looks like mascara and lipstick!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    I am so clueless when it comes to makeup- so is the idea of primer that it stops your foundation from fading? I got dolled up last night for the first time in ages but by the end of the night it just looks like mascara and lipstick!
    Pretty much. Think of it in terms of painting a wall. You have to prep the wall first and do an undercoat before you go in with the top coat.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (26-03-2015)