+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    You could try all the natural induction methods first! Sex to soften the cervix, expressing colostrum, acupuncture, then stretch and sweeps when your cervix is favourable enough!

I'm really relaxed this time because not only do I know they won't even consider inducing me, so no pressure there, but I don't feel the pressure for a repeat c section either this time as I've already managed a VBAC. Feels much more calm than when I had Meadow and there was all this uncertainty because I'd never experienced labour before.
    If I remember correctly, these natural induction methods didn't help with Meadow. Why won't they. Consider inducing you?

Good luck to both of you. I can't wait to hear your news very soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    If I remember correctly, these natural induction methods didn't help with Meadow. Why won't they. Consider inducing you?

Good luck to both of you. I can't wait to hear your news very soon
    Because I've had a previous c section. So it's not considered safe to induce as the induction drugs would increase the risk of scar rupture. Also even if they would induce me, my previous induction with Toby failed totally, the syntocinon had absolutely no effect in making me contract. Weird!

And yes Meadow was still overdue but I did go into natural labour, which was pretty quick, and I never achieved this previously so I firmly believe all those things I was doing combined (plus regular raspberry leaf from 30 weeks) helped me achieve that and avoid another c section. :-)
    Last edited by Bond Girl; 30-11-2015 at 06:12.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (30-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Because I've had a previous c section. So it's not considered safe to induce as the induction drugs would increase the risk of scar rupture. Also even if they would induce me, my previous induction with Toby failed totally, the syntocinon had absolutely no effect in making me contract. Weird!

And yes Meadow was still overdue but I did go into natural labour, which was pretty quick, and I never achieved this previously so I firmly believe all those things I was doing combined (plus regular raspberry leaf from 30 weeks) helped me achieve that and avoid another c section. :-)
    I took raspberry leaf from 36 weeks and had a very efficient labour. 7 hours from waters breaking or 6 is you go by my first contraction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Fingers crossed bub doesn't keep you waiting too much longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hahahaha where as I am on the other end of the spectrum. With Chelsea I did jack all and she arrived at 38w3d and went into spontaneous, quick labour.
    This time around, doing everything and nothing is happening! Hahaha
    But with both pregnancies, I have busted all old wives tales 😂😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    You girls are adorable!! I think the trick is...well, not to have expectations. If the outcome is a live baby and live Mummy, then you have done well.
    But you know this...you girls are experts now!

Lil Smurfy, I am sending you virtual best wishes for a speedy double-pink-line situation.

As for me...I've just come back from 5 days in Bangkok. I went with my Mum, as a celebration of getting through this year. Photo of the kids' t-shirts...

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    You girls are adorable!! I think the trick is...well, not to have expectations. If the outcome is a live baby and live Mummy, then you have done well.

Lil Smurfy, I am sending you virtual best wishes for a speedy double-pink-line situation.

As for me...I've just come back from 5 days in Bangkok. I went with my Mum, as a celebration of getting through this year. Photo of the kids' t-shirts...

Your kids are adorable.

Thanks, I'm hoping ttc this time is a quick process

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow!!! Haven't seen a picture of Oscar in so long - he has gotten so big!!! And I agree - your darlings are gorgeous!!!
    What a beautiful trip! Hope you had a lovely time.

Yeah I have no expectations now - I have even started making plans and booking appointments again.

It's actually a good thing.... We keep changing our minds regarding girls name!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post

Oh the kids are adorable!!

Good on you for taking some "me time". I hope it was nice and relaxing

AFM: 34+1 here now. Totally not organised. Should put together some semblance of a bag for me and Elsie just in case things happen early, but I doubt they will.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took raspberry tablets from 36 weeks with Aurora she was born smack on her EDD... After a 4 hour 40 minute labour. Did nothing with Autumn she was born a week early (39w) after 1.5 hours!!! Not touching the stuff next time haha.

awww very cute J hope you had a good trip.

Cant wait sit to hear your news bond and MissX!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MichelleClareBear For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (02-12-2015)