+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    J I'm glad to hear you're recovering ok though still a way to go. I can't even begin to imagine the physical and emotional roller coaster you've been on this last year. Sending you giant cuddles. But Yay for the best tits in the retirement village later on in life ;-)

We are doing ok but have been better. Oscar is looking like he has reflux as Audrey did so is pretty upset throughout the day and very much so at night. He's having some mylanta before feeds and the paed today wants us to try thickening his feeds before trying Losec so we shall see. Audrey went straight to Losec so I'm a bit antsy to delay it but that's my anxiety I guess.
    He is just adorable and can't believe he is 4 weeks tomorrow already.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1441172376.270721.jpg
    Here is the cheeky man who only managed to sleep here for an hour today and has so far been asleep in his bassinet for 25 minutes so fingers crossed eh!

Hope everyone else is well. We will not be ttc in the future. We have our hands full and as much as I imagine having them fuller; I don't see me coping!!!

Xx love to all

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ReBeCcA7 For This Useful Post:

J37  (02-09-2015),Lil Smurfy  (02-09-2015),shelby27  (02-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Thanks for asking. I am a bit teary, to be honest. Mum stayed with us for a few days last week whilst hubby was in Canberra. Now I really miss her. Sometimes, one just needs one's Mummy!!

The plan is for me to have a right mastectomy and bilateral reconstruction early next year. The risk of cancer in the other side (right), is just too high, so I am keen to just get rid of it, and have a new pair of boobs next year!! I have 6 weeks of daily radiotherapy coming up next week, which will mean more day-care for the kids, which breaks my heart. But, I am more use to them alive than dead, so I have to motor on.

Have you packed your hospital bag? It may seem like early, but I found when I was nearing the 30-week-plus mark with Lucy, I was exhausted. Plus, you have Toby and Meadow to keep you busy, so better to be ultra-organised! You don't know the gender, do you?

Feeding Meadow past 2 years is marvellous, and you should be so very proud. That was my plan with Lucy, but it seems that when they decide, that's it!

Yes, Oscar starts Prep next February 2016. Does Toby? We have been to a few Transition classes. I cannot believe my baby boy is starting school!!

I hope everyone is well. I will catch-up more later. Anyone heard how Rainbow is doing?

"The Bachelor" is on tonight, so all is well

J.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Where does your mum live, J? I completely agree that at times you just need your mum! Does the hospital offer or recommend any counselling for what you're going through? Is DH a good source of support?

At least you know that daycare for Lucy should only be temporary, and it definitely is a 'needs must' situation.

I actually would really like to go back to work full time to get back into management again. But I just can't put Meadow in full time daycare. Luckily we have a choice. Others don't, I know. DH is certainly not a high earner but I'd rather have less money and struggle a bit than put her in full time. It's only for a few years. And we may change it completely after this baby, so I work full time and DH stays at home. We'll see.

And yes, Toby starts Prep at the end of January. I will really miss him, being away for 5 days a week! At least I'll be on maternity leave at first so we won't need to use after school care for a while. To give him a chance to adjust.

I haven't packed my hospital bag, no. I'm more disorganised this time. And not knowing the gender, I can't buy anything much as it's hard to find unisex clothes. I've certainly felt more tired this week despite being on holiday so I'd better do it soon. I plan on working as long as possible, up to the week before my EDD if I feel ok!

I've seen Rainbow on a same sex parents TTC threads, when recent posts come up on my phone and it happens to be there. So she's definitely around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBeCcA7 View Post
    J I'm glad to hear you're recovering ok though still a way to go. I can't even begin to imagine the physical and emotional roller coaster you've been on this last year. Sending you giant cuddles. But Yay for the best tits in the retirement village later on in life ;-)

We are doing ok but have been better. Oscar is looking like he has reflux as Audrey did so is pretty upset throughout the day and very much so at night. He's having some mylanta before feeds and the paed today wants us to try thickening his feeds before trying Losec so we shall see. Audrey went straight to Losec so I'm a bit antsy to delay it but that's my anxiety I guess.
    He is just adorable and can't believe he is 4 weeks tomorrow already.
    Attachment 73196
    Here is the cheeky man who only managed to sleep here for an hour today and has so far been asleep in his bassinet for 25 minutes so fingers crossed eh!

Hope everyone else is well. We will not be ttc in the future. We have our hands full and as much as I imagine having them fuller; I don't see me coping!!!

Xx love to all
    That made me laugh and laugh!! Yep...best tits in the Retirement Village, for sure!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Where does your mum live, J? I completely agree that at times you just need your mum! Does the hospital offer or recommend any counselling for what you're going through? Is DH a good source of support?

At least you know that daycare for Lucy should only be temporary, and it definitely is a 'needs must' situation.

I actually would really like to go back to work full time to get back into management again. But I just can't put Meadow in full time daycare. Luckily we have a choice. Others don't, I know. DH is certainly not a high earner but I'd rather have less money and struggle a bit than put her in full time. It's only for a few years. And we may change it completely after this baby, so I work full time and DH stays at home. We'll see.

And yes, Toby starts Prep at the end of January. I will really miss him, being away for 5 days a week! At least I'll be on maternity leave at first so we won't need to use after school care for a while. To give him a chance to adjust.

I haven't packed my hospital bag, no. I'm more disorganised this time. And not knowing the gender, I can't buy anything much as it's hard to find unisex clothes. I've certainly felt more tired this week despite being on holiday so I'd better do it soon. I plan on working as long as possible, up to the week before my EDD if I feel ok!

I've seen Rainbow on a same sex parents TTC threads, when recent posts come up on my phone and it happens to be there. So she's definitely around!
    Mum lives in Glen Iris, and we live in Burwood East, so 15 minutes away. And yes...even though I just turned 40, I still need my Mummy!!

Hubby is ex-Army, so he is very "practical", and very much into "problem-solving". Drives me nuts. Sometimes the best solution is to have a little cry.

I want to get back to Medicine also; but I would rather do a week of locum-nights in Emergency every month, so I had 3 weeks off per month to enjoy my babies. I just miss them so very much. Luckily, as you say, we also have that choice, as hubby earns enough. You may not believe me, but the remuneration for locum-ED doctors is pretty pathetic. I certainly wouldn't be doing it for the money, but rather the intellectual stimulation.

And bring on "The Bachelor"!!! This is very important distraction therapy!!

Target has great baby stuff on sale at the moment. Definitely has some gender-neutral baby-suits for only a few dollars.

I hope Rainbow's partner is close to conceiving??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the update J! Everyone has already said what I would have said - but so thankful you are here with us!
    As for me, I had my GD test last week and the results came back extremely high - 8.4 I think? I really have no idea about GD and very uneducated about it all. Now I am all super anxious because my friends are telling me that my OB will bully me into a c-section. Anyway, I did the follow up 2 hour test this morning, which has really knocked me around.
    So hopefully they get the results to me soon. I am going to be gutted if they come back with me having GD. I know it is not the end of the world, but just feels like another kick in the guts with this pregnancy and my body failing me once again.
    Chelsea turned 2 last week. We didn't have a party or anything. Just a cake with us. Her next big party probably won't be until 5.
    We put our house on the market and have had an amazing amount of interest in it, but so far 2 contracts have fallen through just by the people being to eager and then overnight pulling out. One cited that she wanted a slightly bigger house and the other reckons that there uncle died back in India and they need to come back. But I know when they cMe through, my stupid neighbours son was over and he was yelling and hollering like a looney tune that he is. So that would have been off putting and knew they would pull out because of that.
    Otherwise, just plodding along, trying to figure out why Chelsea will not sleep or have day naps! Grrrrrrrrr!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissXamA View Post
    Thanks for the update J! Everyone has already said what I would have said - but so thankful you are here with us!
    As for me, I had my GD test last week and the results came back extremely high - 8.4 I think? I really have no idea about GD and very uneducated about it all. Now I am all super anxious because my friends are telling me that my OB will bully me into a c-section. Anyway, I did the follow up 2 hour test this morning, which has really knocked me around.
    So hopefully they get the results to me soon. I am going to be gutted if they come back with me having GD. I know it is not the end of the world, but just feels like another kick in the guts with this pregnancy and my body failing me once again.
    Chelsea turned 2 last week. We didn't have a party or anything. Just a cake with us. Her next big party probably won't be until 5.
    We put our house on the market and have had an amazing amount of interest in it, but so far 2 contracts have fallen through just by the people being to eager and then overnight pulling out. One cited that she wanted a slightly bigger house and the other reckons that there uncle died back in India and they need to come back. But I know when they cMe through, my stupid neighbours son was over and he was yelling and hollering like a looney tune that he is. So that would have been off putting and knew they would pull out because of that.
    Otherwise, just plodding along, trying to figure out why Chelsea will not sleep or have day naps! Grrrrrrrrr!!!
    I had GD with both of my babies. With Oscar it was diet-controlled, and he was a slightly bigger baby at 4.1kg. But he was a spontaneous vaginal delivery, and just required a bit of suction-forceps at the end, which was no big deal (I had an epidural, which was great...I could still move, and push.).
    With Lucy, I had GD which required insulin. Still no big deal. The insulin-needles are so tiny, I barely felt them. I was induced at 39 weeks with her, and she was born at a rather large 4.72kg. But, it was still a vaginal delivery, and was relatively straight-forward. And an induction-delivery is so civilised! Went in at 8.00am, oxytocin infusion, epidural, and baby born at 1pm.

Your OBGYN may want to monitor the baby's size by ultrasound, and induce you at 38-39 weeks, but it certainly does not mandate a C-section!! Don't let people scare you. Please don't listen to your friends, unless they are doctors. Trust that your OBGYN only wants the best for you and your bubs...this is generally the truth!!

You will be referred to a Dietician if you have GD, and they will guide you through all the basics. Please don't worry.

Last edited by J37; 02-09-2015 at 16:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you J - that has put me at ease. I don't mind being induced at 38 weeks as I was hoping to go early again, but I actually can't have a c-section unless myself or baby are in total dire straights. I have no support here and hubby can't take 6 weeks off work to look after C and I. My OB knows this and I know he is very supportive of vaginal births. It is unfortunately his oncall offsider that worries me and I just know I will get him again!
    In saying I don't mind being induced - still prefer spontaneous labour!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MissXamA, I hope you don't have GD hun and all is well. Everyone I've known with it has just been induced, no c- sections. I'm sure you'll be ok!
    I'm kinda worried about getting my results because I have no option to be induced due to previous c section. I have to go into spontaneous labour. Which is fine if we are healthy and are not 'on the clock' as it happened eventually with Meadow, but GD would put a spanner in the works to say the least! Fingers crossed.

Sorry to hear Chelsea is not sleeping well. Could she be getting her 2 year molars? I found age 2 quite difficult sleep wise with Toby. But it passed soon enough. Hopefully she'll be sleeping better before the baby comes!

Rebecca, Oscar is gorgeous. I'm sorry you're having a rough time with reflux again. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Results are in and I don't have gestational diabetes!! But what it really taught me, the last few days thinking that I might have it, is just how passionate I am about what kind of birth I do want! Here I was thinking I will just do whatever, but realistically, no, I will fight for a spontaneous vaginal birth! And....... And that I really should be eating more fruit during the day

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissXamA For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (03-09-2015),Lil Smurfy  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissXamA View Post
    Results are in and I don't have gestational diabetes!! But what it really taught me, the last few days thinking that I might have it, is just how passionate I am about what kind of birth I do want! Here I was thinking I will just do whatever, but realistically, no, I will fight for a spontaneous vaginal birth! And....... And that I really should be eating more fruit during the day
    Darling MissX, please don't be too focused on a certain "type" of birth. Please. It paves the way for great disappointment if the birth you have turns out to be different. The most "ideal" birth is the one which results in a live and healthy baby, and a live woman, with minimal damage to her body.
    You can certainly express a preference to your OBGYN for a spontaneous labour and vaginal birth, but if the situation necessitates intervention, then trust that your OBGYN has your best interests, and that of your baby, in mind.
    That's my advice, anyway

13. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

Lil Smurfy  (03-09-2015)