+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My mastectomy site, in-between dressing changes...

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    J, thanks for the update. I'm glad everything went to plan. Hopefully your pain is gone soon. Full time day care is hard, but you do get used to it (I've had no choice but to get used to it)

We are doing really well. Sienna is a chatterbox and keeps us quite entertained. One of the childcare workers said yesterday that she was the best talker in her room, so I was pretty proud. I'm hoping we'll be ttc again in February. I'm well and truly ready, DH isn't so ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for popping in to update us, J. I'm glad you're ok, albeit on a long road to full recovery. It must be so hard for you to manage with the kids when you're in pain.

How are you doing emotionally, given the change to your body?

It must be very hard for you to put the kids in daycare full time. But really, they'll be happy and entertained there, so you can recuperate, and it only has to be temporary if you want it to be. Does Oscar start school in January?

Smurfy, glad you're all doing well too! Hopefully February comes around quickly for you and DH gets on board. That sort of age gap is lovely in my opinion.

Meadow is getting pretty chatty too. She was trying to fall asleep at nap time and started saying "naughty mummy" just out of nowhere! Cracked me up.
    She's totally stopped breastfeeding now, just over the last week. My milk dried up and she gradually stopped asking. It will give me a little break before the next bub comes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bond, I can't believe you're already 27 weeks. Your pregnancy is flying by.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    J, thanks for the update. I'm glad everything went to plan. Hopefully your pain is gone soon. Full time day care is hard, but you do get used to it (I've had no choice but to get used to it)

We are doing really well. Sienna is a chatterbox and keeps us quite entertained. One of the childcare workers said yesterday that she was the best talker in her room, so I was pretty proud. I'm hoping we'll be ttc again in February. I'm well and truly ready, DH isn't so ready.
    Men are never ready!! This is why, as women, we need to tell them when things are happening. Then they claim to be fine with it all

Lucy is a bit slow with her chatter. She babbles on constantly, but she's not quite there yet. She calls Oscar "O-car", which is cute. And she calls my Mum "Bam-ma" (Grandma). She is just so cute, and I miss her so much. Hopefully I can lift by next week (if my Surgeon drains the excess fluid from wound), and I can keep her home with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully Lucy is home with you soon.

We've been going on a cruise every year for the last 5 years. We've got our cruise booked for Feb. I've told DH that I'm not booking another one until we've got another baby to take along

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Thanks for popping in to update us, J. I'm glad you're ok, albeit on a long road to full recovery. It must be so hard for you to manage with the kids when you're in pain.

How are you doing emotionally, given the change to your body?

It must be very hard for you to put the kids in daycare full time. But really, they'll be happy and entertained there, so you can recuperate, and it only has to be temporary if you want it to be. Does Oscar start school in January?

Smurfy, glad you're all doing well too! Hopefully February comes around quickly for you and DH gets on board. That sort of age gap is lovely in my opinion.

Meadow is getting pretty chatty too. She was trying to fall asleep at nap time and started saying "naughty mummy" just out of nowhere! Cracked me up.
    She's totally stopped breastfeeding now, just over the last week. My milk dried up and she gradually stopped asking. It will give me a little break before the next bub comes!
    Thanks for asking. I am a bit teary, to be honest. Mum stayed with us for a few days last week whilst hubby was in Canberra. Now I really miss her. Sometimes, one just needs one's Mummy!!

The plan is for me to have a right mastectomy and bilateral reconstruction early next year. The risk of cancer in the other side (right), is just too high, so I am keen to just get rid of it, and have a new pair of boobs next year!! I have 6 weeks of daily radiotherapy coming up next week, which will mean more day-care for the kids, which breaks my heart. But, I am more use to them alive than dead, so I have to motor on.

Have you packed your hospital bag? It may seem like early, but I found when I was nearing the 30-week-plus mark with Lucy, I was exhausted. Plus, you have Toby and Meadow to keep you busy, so better to be ultra-organised! You don't know the gender, do you?

Feeding Meadow past 2 years is marvellous, and you should be so very proud. That was my plan with Lucy, but it seems that when they decide, that's it!

Yes, Oscar starts Prep next February 2016. Does Toby? We have been to a few Transition classes. I cannot believe my baby boy is starting school!!

I hope everyone is well. I will catch-up more later. Anyone heard how Rainbow is doing?

"The Bachelor" is on tonight, so all is well

J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMouse84 View Post
    All is well here. I've hit that middle part of pregnancy where sickness is gone and I'm not huge yet. 21+2. Felt baby kick on outside last night as did hubby. I forgot how cute that was.

Having a 2 yr old while being pregnant is exhausting though! We went to Dreamworld yesterday to see the wiggles. I was knackered when we got home late yesterday arvo and she is running around like a twit still lol. Too much energy!
    Any baby bump pictures for us?

Oscar turned 3 a few days after I had Lucy, and having an energetic 2-year-old for the duration of my pregnancy was hard work...as you say!!

Do you know the gender?! (I had to find out with both of mine. I am waaay too OCD!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Hopefully Lucy is home with you soon.

We've been going on a cruise every year for the last 5 years. We've got our cruise booked for Feb. I've told DH that I'm not booking another one until we've got another baby to take along
    Fair enough. Honestly, husbands just need to be directed towards the right path!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bring on The Bachelor tonight. The wait between episodes has been way too long.