+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 85 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBeCcA7 View Post
    Thanks for asking smurfy. Surprisingly baby is head down again. I have to giggle because every second appointment he is the other way and he's still on par. I won't be surprised if he flips again though as she said I have a fair amount of fluid which is why he can still move rather easily so late.

He is a big boy measuring 3.4kg and estimated to reach 4kg by birth. She still wants to book in a Caesar no later than 39 weeks so I'm waiting for the dates for it. She remains not at all confident that I will go into labour on my own. I still have some hope though.

We had previously discussed that if I did go into labour and me and baby were healthy and well, she would consider some gel or syntocinon to push things along if I stalled but now has removed that option saying that I'm a "terrible candidate for induction medication" due to his large size for rupture on top of GD.

He's not engaged, though a lot of women in my dig have said that for second + babies, it's quite normal to not engage until labour.

So, unless this baby has an itch to get out and I progress well on my own (midwife has encouraged me to remain active and upright if it does happen and to try avoid an epi) then he will arrive in 2.5 weeks via c section.

I'm being as positive as I can so fingers crossed. You never know.

How are you?
    I'm having my bub in a week (induction @39+4) and its head down but only 2/5 engaged at best so I wouldn't worry! My OB isn't worried and also said second babes often have more room as everything is stretched and don't engage til labour good luck!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ponytail For This Useful Post:

ReBeCcA7  (24-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelby27 View Post
    I had my lap done a few days ago still recovering, also included checking for endo and removal if there was some and Pap smear and d&c, also something else starting with H but can't remember. Hopefully this helps with the baby making ☺️

Attachment 71734Attachment 71735
    Good luck Shelby!!! Everything crossed for you and hope you're feeling ok after all of that xxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ReBeCcA7 For This Useful Post:

shelby27  (24-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Ouch Shelby. Hope you're feeling ok! Hugs.

Rebecca is there another reason, besides a previous c section, that you're being booked for c section at 39 weeks? I had a successful vbac at 41+5!

Edit: just saw GD. Surely if you're well though you can go a bit longer! Regular stretch and sweeps worked well for me, plus frequent acupuncture from 36 weeks. :-)
    I might ask about a stretch and sweep next week. I don't know if she would do it at 37+2 but it involves no chemicals so surely it's not that bad. I wasn't offered a GBS test either so need to ask for that too. I'm hoping it's a case of she just forgot, not that she didn't bother because she thinks I won't go naturally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelby27 View Post
    I had my lap done a few days ago still recovering, also included checking for endo and removal if there was some and Pap smear and d&c, also something else starting with H but can't remember. Hopefully this helps with the baby making ☺️

Attachment 71734Attachment 71735
    Oh ouch. I hope you are recovering well and not too sore. I try to read as often as I can and post but my posts seem just to get lost in the mix but sending you big hugs and massive amounts of baby dust xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MichelleClareBear For This Useful Post:

shelby27  (26-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @MichelleClareBear, good to hear from you! How are the girls?

How is everyone else?
    @J37 are you back from your QLD visit yet? It's been pretty chilly up here so probably not the best weather for you!
    @Lil Smurfy, how did Sienna's birthday go? Post a pic!!

Meadow's birthday is two weeks on Saturday. Attempting to make a Peppa Pig cake....Hoping it won't look like a pink blob! But I love doing all the kids cakes myself like my mum did, so no matter how its turns out I'll enjoy the process :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Hi @MichelleClareBear, good to hear from you! How are the girls?

How is everyone else?
    @J37 are you back from your QLD visit yet? It's been pretty chilly up here so probably not the best weather for you!
    @Lil Smurfy, how did Sienna's birthday go? Post a pic!!

Meadow's birthday is two weeks on Saturday. Attempting to make a Peppa Pig cake....Hoping it won't look like a pink blob! But I love doing all the kids cakes myself like my mum did, so no matter how its turns out I'll enjoy the process :-)
    Hi Bond Girl ������ the girls are great. Aurora is 19 months now and finally her fifth tooth has broken through and the sixth isn't far behind (top two either side of the front two) she's saying a few more words now and is super cheeky! Autumn is 6 months now she's super chubby breastfed baby she can't roll or crawl yet but loves sitting she's a bit wobbly still but she's getting there.

I can't believe Meadow is already almost 2 years old! I love baking and I will always bake the girls birthday cakes, I think it's nice to go to that effort even if they don't turn out the best!

How is everyone?

here are my girls ������
    Attached Images

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MichelleClareBear For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (31-07-2015),shelby27  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    QLD was wonderful, and the kids and I had such a great time with Grandma. I was very teary when we had to leave.

I am currently waiting in the pre-admission area of the Operating Theatres at Cabrini Brighton. My surgery is this morning.

I need to catch up with this thread. How are all the pregnant ladies?

J.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (31-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today J. I hope it all goes smoothly

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

J37  (02-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Babies of Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #5

Good luck today J! Cabrini have an outstanding reputation so I have no doubt you will be looked after. Sending you lots of positive recovery vibes.

We are plodding along. Audrey has a cold which isn't great timing so im hoping it buggers off soon. We have been booked in for a Caesar for Thursday which I'm not thrilled about but I'm trying to think of the positive being 6days to meet our little man :-)
    Secretly hoping this blue moon and seeing magic mike sends me into labour ;-)

Hope everyone else is well.

Shelby did you get any results from your procedures yet?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ReBeCcA7 For This Useful Post:

J37  (02-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    J, good luck for your surgery

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

J37  (02-08-2015)