+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 85 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    She doesn't seem to have any symptoms of one. Just saw the GP who gave me a couple more bags. She thinks we should start antibiotics while we wait for the results of the urine sample (that I haven't got yet)
    That's a bit odd...if you start antibiotics, it will interfere with the results of the urine sample. So...even if she does have a UTI, the urine sample will come back negative, as it will be "contaminated", so to speak, by the antibiotics.
    But...lots of GPs do this. Put kids unnecessarily on antibiotics for a viral illness. Then when the child recovers from the virus, the parents wrongfully assume it was due to the antibiotics.
    This is a touchy subject with me...prescribing antibiotics without evidence of a bacterial infection (like otitis media, tonsillitis, etc), just leads to antibiotic-resistance...and then they wont work when they are really needed!!

But...I haven't assessed Sienna, so you should follow your doctor's advice. (I can just grumble in the sidelines!!).

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    She did say not to start the antibiotics until I had the urine sample (which I now do!). She said if the results come back negative, she'll call me and tell me to stop the antibiotics. Is this safe?

I'm always interested to hear your medical opinion

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope Sienna gets better quickly, Lil Smurfy. It's so hard when they're sick. Is she very unsettled at night?

Toni, Mesa sounds like she's getting on very well! 6 months is on the young side for crawling, let alone standing and walking along the furniture! Are you enjoying your holiday?

Miss X, looking forward to hearing your ultrasound news next week. Sorry you're feeling sick. I also am feeling rubbish again today. M was unsettled during the night after daycare yesterday, so I feel really tired and sick with a permanent headache. I am not used to this, never usually have these symptoms!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bond, she's only been waking once a night, so not too bad. We had two nights where she woke and threw up, that wasn't fun

Bond and MissX, what are your due dates?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Bond - a week away exactly now! Looking forward to it. At the same time, I feel some dread about it as well. Not sure why.
    Going by LMP, current due date is 2nd December. I don't want to have it any later than that date as I never wanted a December baby! To close to Christmas! So hopefully this Bub will be early like Chelsea!

I hope you get some answers regarding Sienna now

Thanks
    Reviews
    My due date is now 7 December, Lil Smurfy. Recalculated from the scan. The original end of November due date based on LMP sounded better to me.... for same reason as you mentioned, Miss X!! Seeing as my babies are always pretty late, I'm worried about it being really close to Christmas and it impacting on me enjoying it with T and M. Nevermind. Might be early this time!! So the doctor said today everything looks perfect from the scan report. Nothing further needed until 12 week scan. Long six week wait!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You two are due nice and close together.
    That's great that your appointment went well, Bond

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (15-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wonderful news Bond!!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MissXamA For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (15-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    She did say not to start the antibiotics until I had the urine sample (which I now do!). She said if the results come back negative, she'll call me and tell me to stop the antibiotics. Is this safe?

I'm always interested to hear your medical opinion
    That's fine. What antibiotic did she prescribe? Amoxycillin?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bond and MissX...I wouldn't worry about having a December bub...the Mums I know who have December bubs always manage to make a lovely effort for their child's birthday. And...just think, when you have to get up in the middle of the night, it wont be freezing!!