+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 85 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry Sienna is so unwell. Chelsea was like that about 2 months ago and it was the same, just panadol and lots of liquid. She didn't eat for 5 days and would just sleep, wake up for a drink and then sleep again.

Bond, hope all is well with bub. My scan is next Wednesday afternoon when I will be 8 weeks. I feel the same way, what will be will be. But I am quite unwell this pregnancy and so very tired. I literally put my head down and I am asleep! So out of the ordinary for me. Trying to keep low key as I am just a miserable nelly at the moment, but chelsea doesn't understand that we need to be quiet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We ended up spending 5 hours at emergency last night, and still no idea what's going on. She woke from her afternoon nap, temp of 38.2, her arms and torso shaking, and wouldn't stand up. I gave her nurofen and by the time we got to hospital, she was bright as a button wanting to run around. They wanted a urine sample which she wasn't cooperative about. They let us go home but said we must go to GP today to get her checked, hopefully with a urine sample. So far they think it's just a virus, but wanted to check for urinary tract infection

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    MissX, I hope you are feeling better soon

Bond, good luck with your appointment today

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (15-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    We ended up spending 5 hours at emergency last night, and still no idea what's going on. She woke from her afternoon nap, temp of 38.2, her arms and torso shaking, and wouldn't stand up. I gave her nurofen and by the time we got to hospital, she was bright as a button wanting to run around. They wanted a urine sample which she wasn't cooperative about. They let us go home but said we must go to GP today to get her checked, hopefully with a urine sample. So far they think it's just a virus, but wanted to check for urinary tract infection
    Just a quick note...
    This is what we would do when I was working in Emergency...children would come in lethargic, with a high fever, listless, etc...we would give them a decent dose of paracetamol (20mg per kg), and 30 minutes later they would be running around, tearing the cubicle apart, driving their parents mad!
    It is, in most cases, diagnostic of a viral illness.
    Children can be quite sick with a virus, so it shouldn't be shrugged off as "just a virus". But in most cases, it can be managed at home. REGULAR, alternating paracetamol and ibuprofen every 3 hours, with plenty of fluids. Don't worry about food.
    I hope Sienna improves soon. Just keep doing what you are doing.
    J xx.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Miss Sienna xx hope she gets better soon. Must be awful not knowing what is going on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope Sienna is feeling better soon

MissX hope your energy picks up

Bond good luck today

J hope you are doing ok xxx

AFM sorry I am on holidays so not in here much. Just thought I'd come say Mesa turned 6mths learned to crawl properly one day and the very next day was pulling herself up to stand. She is now trying to walk along furniture (all in the last week) she still can't sit properly though 😂

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (15-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Just a quick note...
    This is what we would do when I was working in Emergency...children would come in lethargic, with a high fever, listless, etc...we would give them a decent dose of paracetamol (20mg per kg), and 30 minutes later they would be running around, tearing the cubicle apart, driving their parents mad!
    It is, in most cases, diagnostic of a viral illness.
    Children can be quite sick with a virus, so it shouldn't be shrugged off as "just a virus". But in most cases, it can be managed at home. REGULAR, alternating paracetamol and ibuprofen every 3 hours, with plenty of fluids. Don't worry about food.
    I hope Sienna improves soon. Just keep doing what you are doing.
    J xx.

Thanks J. I have been alternating the Panadol and nurofen 3 hourly. The shaking got me a bit worried. I'm just hoping this doesn't last much longer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone have tips on getting a urine sample from a toddler? They but a bag on her to catch it, but her nappy was wet and next to nothing in the bag

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Anyone have tips on getting a urine sample from a toddler? They but a bag on her to catch it, but her nappy was wet and next to nothing in the bag
    It can be next to impossible in a toddler girl!!
    Does she have any other symptoms suggestive of a UTI? Urinary frequency, smelly urine? (This, too, can be almost impossible to work out when a child is in nappies!!).
    Just persist with the bag...the sample doesn't have to be big.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She doesn't seem to have any symptoms of one. Just saw the GP who gave me a couple more bags. She thinks we should start antibiotics while we wait for the results of the urine sample (that I haven't got yet)