+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    We found out at about 5 weeks. My parents knew secretly at 6 weeks. A few select work colleagues knew at around 8 weeks but only as i was super ill with morning sickness. Most others at 13 weeks as we were off on holidays. Dps dad didnt find out until after 20 weeks as we wanted to tell him in person

Thanks
    Reviews
    Preg #1 - planned to wait until 12wks but only because my ILs were o/s and we thought it fair to tell both sets of parents together. Sadly we had to give them bad news after a mmc at that scan

Dd - told our parents after our dating scan, everyone else after 20wk scan

preg #3 - again told our parents after dating scan. Sadly had to tell them the following month we had another mmc

Ds - this time after 2 mmc and having seen hb's with both, didn't even tell our parents until after scan #3 at 10wks. This was our mini milestone. Had to tell some family at 15wks as it was very noticeable,everyone else after 20wk scan again

We're very private people and when our 2 angels passed, I didn't want to discuss it with anyone at the time. I needed to grieve on my own hence we have waited

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone is different, it's when u feel most comfortable telling. I told immediate family and some close friends straight away, I don't have a partner this is a sperm donor pregnancy so needed people to talk to and they were the people who knew I had been trying anyway. I had to tell my boss 2 weeks sooner than planned cos she was trying to send me on a day course when I would have already finished for maternity leave. It was hard to hide at work as I'm a nurse and sometimes have to reposition patients not able to assist, I didn't want to risk the baby but didn't want to tell so early so I kind of had to lie to those who didn't know that I had issues with back pain that had not been caused by work, so I could avoid doing what I considered unsafe (I was lucky that I only had mild morning sickness and no vomitting so it wasn't obvious). One person later said he thought I was bending rather well for someone with back pain lol. After my NT scan at 12 weeks I put it on Facebook for everyone else, and even people who aren't on there quickly found out. I got told after my 8 week scan that if you have an 8 week scan and everything is ok it's generally safe to tell, but I felt more happier waiting until after the 12 week scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH straight away, parents a few days later. Siblings after the Nuchal scan. We intended to tell everyone else after the morph scan but the morph scan showed severe anomalies and we terminated the pregnancy.

The one thing I can be thankful for is that we didn't announce to the world before the morph scan.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We both suck at keeping secrets. Everyone in the fam new by 10 weeks with DS, announced to my fb friends at 13 weeks.

With this one, it's been more precarious so we have only told family (they knew we were doing ivf). Won't tell Facebook land until we know the sex, dp will tell work at 12 weeks due to the nature of her job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We old my parents at about the stage you are at now.
    It was horrible to then have them go through our week of torture thinking we were going to lose the baby.

Thankfully DD had other plans and hung on and while it was hard to see my parents upset it was also very good having the support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With this pregnancy I learnt my lesson from last time (word got out at work from 5 weeks and I was peed off) so I have only told a select few family and friends that didn't blab last time.... I'm 9 weeks now and the news still isn't out.
    I'll let the general public/extended family and friends know after 12 week scan.

But there was no way I could keep it from my parents and close friends! I told them almost all straight away I needed to share (apart from those who blabbed last time)!
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 23-03-2015 at 07:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For my DS we told immediate family after dating scan about 8 weeks, friends from about 15 weeks and everyone else after 20 week scan. This time around I told immediately family after 12 week scan along with close friends and it will made public knowledge again after 20 week scan which is in 4 weeks time 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We told our family after the bt to confirm the pregnancy. We did fertility treatment and it was no secret to our family.

Friends and fb we announced after the nt scan at 12 weeks.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's terrible @Sally1981 to get so far along and for that to happen. Good thing like u say u hadn't announced it to everyone before ur morph scan. Thoughts are with u. Take care x