+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Our parents and very close friends were told at around the 7 week mark.

I told my employer at 9 weeks. Shortly after that I started telling extended family/other friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We told my in laws at 4 weeks, the only reason being that my FIL gets a free flight every year with his Amex which I had used to book a flight to see my parents. I would have been flying at 6 weeks and my friends and family would have known straight away if I had of refused a glass of wine!

I'll tell my parents after 12 weeks, my Mum will go crazy and she can not be trusted to keep a secret. It's going to be a battle to keep my pregnancy news off her Facebook - she is the annoying over sharer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleyoop View Post
    Told my parents pretty much straight away, told DPs mum straight away and was trying not to tell brothers and sisters until 12 weeks but they found out. Told my best friend the day we found out (I was freaking out lol) and told DPs dad about 10 weeks.
    DPs mum then took it upon herself to announce it on Facebook for us at 10 weeks!! So then we had to tell everyone at 10 weeks..
    Ooo that would p!ss me off if somebody else announced my pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleyoop View Post
    Told my parents pretty much straight away, told DPs mum straight away and was trying not to tell brothers and sisters until 12 weeks but they found out. Told my best friend the day we found out (I was freaking out lol) and told DPs dad about 10 weeks.
    DPs mum then took it upon herself to announce it on Facebook for us at 10 weeks!! So then we had to tell everyone at 10 weeks..
    This is what I'm worried about. It's 'our' news and I don't think I can trust anyone to keep their big mouths shut.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Parentals at 8wks. Immediate family and best friends 12wks. Other friends from 18wks. Work at 20wks.

Tho I'm starting to show at 12wks with my third. Luckily I'm fat so easily disguised.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We told our parents straight away when we found out, then siblings shortly after (next day I think). Told our closest friends about 2 weeks later at about 6 weeks because that was the next time we saw them. Would have told them sooner had we seen them sooner. Told my manager at 7 weeks because I was flat on my back for a week with all day sickness, then grandparents, aunties, uncles, etc at 8 weeks, then everyone else at 12 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found out at 4 weeks (last Monday) we weren't planning to tell immediate family until after our scan at 10 weeks and the rest of our friends at our engagement party which will be around 13 weeks.. But my mum kept hassling me about why we weren't setting a date so I ended up telling her and dad on Thursday (4 days later) but no one else knows just me DF and my parents. The rest of our families will find out after the scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh it did really p!ss us off! DP was so annoyed he didn't speak to her for a few weeks. She had the nerve to cry when I rang her and asked why she did it, saying she thought it was ok and all that. Still annoys me to this day.

I never thought for a minute she would post it on Facebook before us. She's not exactly a 'big mouth' and has to spill everything on Facebook, it was her way of 'showing off' to all her Facebook friends.. We said we didn't want the world to know until at least 12 weeks. We've both said when/if we have another baby no one will know except us until at least 12 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Work got told the day after I POAS (I work with X-rays), parents and a select couple of friends at 6 weeks and everyone else at 22weeks when all our U/s's and genetic tests came back clear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    With DD I told close family straight away but otherwise never really announced it until her birth! So many people didn't even know I was pregnant.

With DS I again told close family straight away but announced it via FB at about 17 weeks.