+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default When to announce our pregnancy to family?

We are around 7-8 weeks now. We haven't told ANYONE about the pregnancy. No friends or family.

We had planned to announce after our 12 week scan, but I'm struggling to keep this a secret from our families.

When did you announce your pregnancy to family ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Told both our parents and all siblings the day we found out, everyone else after our NT scan at 12 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    5 mins after I told dh with all 9 pregnancies. When I miscarried I needed there support. When I needed to talk and get excited about the bub growing in me I needed their support. When I couldn't drive for more than 5 mins without throwing up I needed their support. I was very blessed to have people I wanted to tell for the very first moment who I knew would be there no matter what happened.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

ABigDeepBreath  (22-03-2015),almai  (22-03-2015),CakeyMumma  (22-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I was 6 weeks when I told family and tried to hold out for 12 weeks with friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found out when I was 4 weeks which was a Tuesday. Obviously told DP straight away but everyone else we told the Saturday (4 days later)

Thanks
    Reviews
    5 weeks when I told my boss (had heaps of appointments because of my thyroid condition and didn't want to lie, plus she's amazing!), nearly 7 weeks when I told my immediate family at Xmas, 10 weeks for best friends (at my 30th) and then 12 weeks for everyone else.

There is no right time to do it, go with your gut!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We told parents and siblings around 8 weeks, after a dating scan that showed a good size and heartbeat and all that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am the worst secret keeper ever and told family as soon as we found out...then close friends only. My DF went away for work 2 days after we found out so i wanted the support in case something went wrong. I didnt tell work and general people until 14 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default When to announce our pregnancy to family?

We struggled with this too.
    I think the 'right' answer is different for everyone.
    For us the added complication is that we got our BFP via IVF after 5 years of treatment. Our most recent cycle we hadn't kept secret so we had quite a few who knew it was a possibility..
    We got our BFP at 4 weeks (poas) at which time I told DH. We share a house with my parents so we told them after the first BT confirmed the following day.
    We waited another week before telling DH's parents (with our IVf we had to have 3 BT's to confirm rising HCG.)
    The plan was to then hold off until 12 weeks to tell anyone else.

However DH can't keep a secret for quids so within another couple of days most of our siblings knew

I have one brother/SIL who we don't have a lot of contact with so they still don't know.

At 6 weeks I had two separate threatened miscarriages and have been put on strict bedrest for five weeks so I had to tell work as well.

For everyone else we will wait until after our NT scan.

I've also decided I won't be 'announcing' on FB at any stage but that's just a personal choice..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Told my parents pretty much straight away, told DPs mum straight away and was trying not to tell brothers and sisters until 12 weeks but they found out. Told my best friend the day we found out (I was freaking out lol) and told DPs dad about 10 weeks.
    DPs mum then took it upon herself to announce it on Facebook for us at 10 weeks!! So then we had to tell everyone at 10 weeks..