+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    I thought it was rude of them to go and get a coffee for themselves, but not ask the parents who stayed at the venue (us and the other mum), if we wanted a coffee. I just couldn't do that. I always set up a tab at the party venue and provide food for the parents. Even if they didn't want to pay for a coffee for us and the other mum, we thought it rude of them to just walk away and leave their guests (yes, I consider the parents of the party guests, to be guests also).
    So im confused, are you upset that they left the children unattended, or that they didn't buy you a coffee?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    So im confused, are you upset that they left the children unattended, or that they didn't buy you a coffee?
    Without a doubt, my main issue is that they left a group of twelve 4 year olds at a party venue and were more concerned about getting themselves a latte than staying with the children in their care.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    You mentioned you were there supervising your son to make sure his food was ok?

Do you think maybe it was just a communication issue then? I can imagine myself popping out to get a drink in that scenario and my friends being fine with it, the only difference being that I would check with them first and offer to bring them back something!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    You mentioned you were there supervising your son to make sure his food was ok?

Do you think maybe it was just a communication issue then? I can imagine myself popping out to get a drink in that scenario and my friends being fine with it, the only difference being that I would check with them first and offer to bring them back something!
    i understand where you're coming from Harvs, but I think the main issue is that the majority of parents left their children there, believing I'm sure, that the birthday girl's parents would be there to supervise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think I agree with you op, I wouldn't expect any parents to leave 4 year olds at a party, never mind the host parents! Who was supervising during that time? The venue staff? At my sons 5 birthday party at a venue, all the parents stayed the whole time, a lot came with mum and dad too. I thought that was normal!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What were the kids doing while the parents left..?

I don't think I could bring myself to do a drop and run for my son at that age!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This is crazy to me. My son is 5 and my daughter nearly 4, and I would never in a MILLION years ever consider LEAVING them at any party, house, party venue or whatever without me, or expect parents of the host child to be supervising them! That's my job!!! So weird. I can't believe any of them parents actually dropped their children and just left... expecting the host parents to supervise them all. I also can't believe that the host parents then walked off elsewhere to get coffee.... WTF! People do that?? I'm not in the slightest bit over protective, and I wouldn't even consider it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

littlelove  (25-03-2015),sunnyflower  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    This is crazy to me. My son is 5 and my daughter nearly 4, and I would never in a MILLION years ever consider LEAVING them at any party, house, party venue or whatever without me, or expect parents of the host child to be supervising them! That's my job!!! So weird. I can't believe any of them parents actually dropped their children and just left... expecting the host parents to supervise them all. I also can't believe that the host parents then walked off elsewhere to get coffee.... WTF! People do that?? I'm not in the slightest bit over protective, and I wouldn't even consider it.
    This

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids are at the "dump and run" party age. I do leave my son at parties when I know the parents and know that they have my mobile number. It would have never in a million years have crossed my mind that the hosting parents would not be there the whole time. Id be furious if I found that out. My expectation is 100% that they would be there.

My son had his nose broken at a birthday party when he was five and had to go to ER - blood and hysterics everywhere - so I am a bit paranoid.

My DD has autism so unless I know the parents REALLY well I hang around even though I am now pretty much the only mum that does.

Ive had parents I dont know at all "dump and run" without so much as "heres my contact number should johhny break is arm...."

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's rude. Who leaves while hosting a party? Especially when it was just to get coffee. One parent could have gone while the other stayed to supervise.