+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    Beyond rude dam right disgusting. Your hosting the party you should be there the whole time.

We had a party place here in town that wouldn't let guest parents stay only the hosts. They also changed the children out of their clothes into costumes. I refused to ever allow my kids to go there.
    I'm with you 'LoveLivesHere' - I would never allow my child to go to a party venue where I wasn't able to stay. I'm not prepared to allow others to be responsible for what he eats at a party - that's my job. I just couldn't trust others to know what he could and couldn't eat (and nor should they be expected to know). If I can't stay, he can't stay - simple.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post

We had a party place here in town that wouldn't let guest parents stay only the hosts. They also changed the children out of their clothes into costumes. I refused to ever allow my kids to go there.
    What? Parents weren't allowed to stay and they changed the kids? I don't blame you, that's all sorts of odd.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Truffle For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (25-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    100% irresponsible! I would have been fuming.

If it was my son's party I would never of left because if anything happened to any of kids I would never forgive myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't think leaving the premises was very responsible of the birthday girl's parents - at all.

I'm sure the parents of the children that were at the party were under the impression that their child was going to be supervised by the parents.

I think 4 year olds should be vigilantly supervised. Ditching them to grab coffee is not good form IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't do a drop and roll at 4. When I do leave I expect the host parents to stay.

If I host a kids party and the parents leave I'm 100% responsible for those kids. I'm not about to hand over that responsibility to strangers I met 5 mins ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    All kinds of not ok.

I have been in the situation where i have had to host someone else's party. I am always prepared these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely not ok!!! With 12 small children being left in the care of unfamiliar venue staff all sorts of things could go wrong! What if one of the kids wandered off onto the street? The venue staff may not even realize as they're not familiar with the kids. What if one of the venue staff was dodgy? What if one of the kids needed to go to the toilet and didn't want to ask the venue staff as they don't know them? Just so many reasons why its not ok!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Whoa thats totally not cool.
    I wouldnt leave my 4yr old at a party but i leave my 7yr old and i def expect that the host parents are watching the kids.
    (Ido always ask if its ok to drop off and i leave my contact details)

As a host id not dream of deserting my own kids party to grab a coffee. How irresponsible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Incredibly irresponsible!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So very bizarre...

Could they have had left someone else in charge for those 10min?