+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby/Nappy Bags

I'm expecting my first baby in a few months and wondering what you all use for nappy bags. I was thinking about buying a nice designer nappy bag, but then my sister told me she never uses hers, she just uses a cheap canvas bag with her normal handbag.

Is it a waste to buy a nice designer nappy bag, and should i just go with a cheap bag like my sister and use with my regular handbag?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Probably a very personal thing.
    Me - I wanted something stylish because I knew I would feel a bit fat & frumpy after having bub. Plus I love bags & shoes!
    I got a Spencer & Rutherford baby bag (on sale for about $200). I have used it pretty much every time I leave the house for 9 months so I think it's definately been worth it! It's pretty big so fits everything in. The only downside is it doesn't fit under the pram so I bought a cheap nappy wallet that lives in the car & gets shoved under the pram when out walking for extended periods.
    I say go on spoil yourself if the budget allows!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree it's a personal thing. For me, I have a 3 month old and haven't used mine once! I use a nappy wallet inside my handbag with a plastic bag with a change of clothes. Maybe I'll use it when bubs is a bit older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used my nappy bag for DS every day till he was about 2. Now I have a DD newborn and bought a new bag which is also getting quite the workout. I always hang in over the stroller when out or walking and throw it in the car.
    I agree it's a personal thing, for me it was worth spending a little extra as I get a lot of use out of it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm with your sister, I couldn't find a nappy bag I liked ( bought the il tutto and never used it) but had quite a few big designer bags so just bought the insert and put that inside ( could easily change bags regularly)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the Storksak Elizabeth in tan leather but it was out of my price range :-( lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a storksak nappy bag and I love it - I use it everyday. It's basically my purse now so I'm glad I bought a nice one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I used my Kardashian kollection handbag and loved it couldn't find a nappy bag I loved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have mimco I only used it because small age gap but now kids older (not newborn I use my hand bag)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My sister bought me a Kate Spade nappy bag from the US. (It was very expensive, so I am very lucky) It is gorgeous with lots of pockets and a coin purse inside (which is big enough to fit cards and cash). I always use this rather than a normal hand bag now.
    Last edited by New Hope; 29-03-2015 at 06:32.