+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have an older brother who is 2.5 years older than I am. We aren't very close, he lives in the uk though so we don't see each other or rarely talk. We fought growing up lot's, but he always looked after me but was also very competitive which isn't how I was or ever have been with him. It made us not seem very close growing up, I could never be bothered with all that. But I always still looked up to him.
    Last edited by zoz; 22-03-2015 at 17:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've got the one younger brother who is 14mths younger than I am. We hated each other as teens but get along great now. In fact dh and my brother are closer than my brother and I.

I've also got 7 cousins that might as well be siblings as we are emotionally close even tho we live in different states/countries. Plus we adopt people that marry in as family too. So my brothers wife becomes a 'sister' too and my dhs brother, my brother too.

My brother, his wife, my mum and our little family meet weekly.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I've just got the one brother, 3 years younger than me. We used to fight so much when we were younger (read - he used to fight me and I would get him in trouble).
    We were so different - I was a quiet kid, enjoyed reading. He was always full of energy and naturally gifted at sports.
    We grew closer when after I left finished high school and then after he finished we grew really close. Not so close now that we've moved away but I still would do anything in my power for him if he needed me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to bring this one up again
    I have one younger brother who is 4 years younger. We have always got on very well. We see each other regularly and live 10 mins away from each other

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm from a huge family.
    Older sister, me, both parents remarried mum 2 boys and a girl. Dad 1 of each.
    I get along great with my half brothers from mum's second marriage. I even forget they are half. But I'm not in contact with any of my sisters. I do miss one but she is young and just have nothing in common.
    Plus they all live overseas. 1 brother in Canada (don't talk to him though).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    I have one brother, two years older. There is also my cousin who is the same age as my brother. My mum and Aunty always say that they shared three children between them. I definitely consider my cousin as a brother and love both boys to bits. I'd do anything for them and they'd do anything for me. My brother is single with no kids and likes to try and tell me how to parent every now and then but other than that, he's the bees knees.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 3 younger sisters. Two of them are my half sisters ( different mum). I had two step sisters at one stage too. My dad and their mum are now divorced.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have a brother almost 3 years younger, we are close even though we live a long way from each other (he's in Melbourne, I'm in NSW) so we don't see each other much. He is emotionally damaged and has been a chronic alcoholic since he was a teenager. It's sad because he is a really charming and charismatic person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a half sister and 2 half brothers from my mums first marriage who didn't live with us growing up but stayed often.
    I am close to my sister. The one brother turned his back on us many years ago so don't have anything to do with him and the other brother is a hopeless case, he runs from state to state from the police, been done for fraud, stealing and he's a chronic liar, been everywhere and done everything. Never know where he is and that suits me, can't be bothered.

Then there is a younger brother who has been involved with drugs since he was 13, been in constant trouble with the law, been in jail. Abusive toward the mother of his first 4 children and hasn't seen those kids for 8 years and they are better off. He has another 4 kids to his new partner who loves drugs as much as he does. Prior to meeting her he was on the road to accepting the help I had tried to convince him he needed for years but now he has no hope. He's just got worse sadly and I will not have my children around that lifestyle, cut ties years ago apart from the odd phone call. When dad had his strokes last year we had to speak to each other.