+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default Tell me about your siblings...

@Sairz that just broke my heart.

And to those of you who had abusive siblings - I just can't fathom it. My mother had one too, and her hatred for him even 50 years later has never dimmed...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Sairz, I hope you do get to meet your brother's family. It's sad that your Dad was like that

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

Sairz  (21-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    We know quite a few families that have a weekly meal together - how cool would that be?
    My brother and parents live in my town. I actually moved back here to look after my parents. Up until my brothers new girlfriend came on the scene we only got together every few years at Christmas. In the last six months I have seen him more than the 10 years before that.

When my sister moves she hopes I will call by most days on the school run. She has picked a house close to the kids school. We talk for hours everyday on the phone so I imagine we will see each most days.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (20-03-2015),Chunkydunks  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Tell me about your siblings...

I have a brother 3 years younger who lives in Melbourne with his wife and 2 year old ( we see them about 6 times a year) and my younger sister ( 5 years younger) lives around the corner ( we see her a few times a week!) with her husband and my 10 year old niece and she is literally in hospital hopefully giving birth to her 2nd child now!

I was very blessed and had a great childhood and we are all still close , I'm just as close with DH 2 sisters and he is with my brother which is also great

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (20-03-2015),Chunkydunks  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Dh is one of 9. He is not close to any of them. No ever rings us for his birthday or Christmas etc... now that his dad has past on, I doubt we will hear from them at all. When he join the armed forces they sort of forgot he existed. The rest of them are close because they all live in the same town.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 20-03-2015 at 22:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I have one brother who is 2.5 years older than me. We fought a lot until we were about 12 and 14 and then bonded completely over music and books and we've been really close ever since. He's my brother but he's also one of my closest friends. DH is actually one of his best mates and that's how we met so we all have a lot of shared history and memories. I feel very lucky.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Chunkydunks  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no one sister who's 3 years younger. I'm not that close to them as we've lived in a different state for ten years and have quite different values and ways of looking at things.

She said that she grew up being the "good" child in the family and having to deal with me being the not good child left her with a rather different view of the world. I'd love to be closer but I think that visiting on holidays and the occasional phone call will be about it - because more than that leaves me tearing my hair out. I don't know what happened before FB and social media because it's about how I know what's going on with all the family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a brother who is 3yrs younger and I like to think we are still close, even with our hectic schedules. He is proudly gay and I'm so proud of him to be confident enough in himself now. It took him a long time to tell us, fearing our reactions. I told him he was a twit for worrying, he's my baby brother regardless

I also have an older 1/2 brother that very few people know about. My mum was forced by my grandparents to adopt him out at birth. From what is known, he would be 10yrs or so older and it was a non concensual act. I only found out 7yrs ago from my great-aunts, she never spoke of him

*please don't quote as I may delete down the track*

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 3 brothers. They are 15 and 11 years older, and 4 years younger than I am. We have the exact same parents. (so not blended which is an assumption many make)

My oldest is very funny, hands on and passionate. Loves a joke but believes in hard work and honesty.
    The next one down - i have cut. He is manipulative and deceptive. Not someone I want to be around, nor do i want my children to know.
    The youngest is ...the baby... still very immature for his age (needs reminding to brush hair and teeth before work, to shower regularly etc), but is getting along slowly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 2 brothers. Wish I didn't, most of the time.