+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    2 siblings - we have nothing in common.
    Last edited by Little Ted; 20-03-2015 at 22:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Little ted I am sorry you have an abusive brother too. Large chunks of my childhood are blurry because of the crap mine used to put me through

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm the oldest of three girls. My next closest sister is 8.5 years younger and the "baby" (who turned 30 this year) is 11 years younger.

My middle sister and I have fought like cats and dogs until recent years. We get on OK now, much better now we have bubbas of our own. My youngest sister I've been very close to - we've travelled around Europe together and have very similar personalities (both Aquarians), although she's better at going with the flow whereas I am a control freak.

Because of the age difference I probably played more of a motherly role in their lives than sibling. My parents loved it when I learned to drive as my sisters were still in school and I would drive them to/from school and various extra curricular activities. I used to get strange looks at their school - I think people thought I was their very young mother when the reality was the only way mum would lend me her car was if I played chauffeur to the younger girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    Little ted I am sorry you have an abusive brother too. Large chunks of my childhood are blurry because of the crap mine used to put me through
    Ditto. I do hope our own children support and care for each other as they grow up and old.
    Last edited by Little Ted; 20-03-2015 at 22:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    That's really sad Little Ted

I get on ok with most of my siblings but you don't have to scratch too far under the surface to see the damage that's been done over the years. I'm different to them. I don't drink much, I've never smoked or tried any drugs and I'm just not that into constantly having parties for the sake of having parties. Then I added the vegetarian thing and I was ridiculed relentlessly. Still happened a bit when we were there for xmas this year but not as bad. My twin brother actually didn't even bother to come see us when we were down. He's pulling away from the family a lot which is upsetting Mum.

I get on better with my sister than any of them but we have a closer relationship when we're not living anywhere near each other lol.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Wow these are fascinating!

I love hearing about this family stuff because I never had anything like it growing up.

Thanks so much for sharing :-)

And @CakeyMumma mind blown x 3 now!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have 3 sisters. The eldest is 12 years older than me, the next oldest is 7 years older and I have a younger sister who is 7 years younger.
    The older 2 are my half sisters as they are from my dads first marriage. To us there is no difference in our relationships, we are all very close and treat each other like good friends (especially since losing our dad).
    We had a brother between the eldest 2 siblings but sadly he died of SIDS at 8 months. Although we have large ages gaps, we love each other none the less and treat each other more like friends than siblings.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

Chunkydunks  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkydunks View Post
    That's really sad Little Ted

I get on ok with most of my siblings but you don't have to scratch too far under the surface to see the damage that's been done over the years. I'm different to them. I don't drink much, I've never smoked or tried any drugs and I'm just not that into constantly having parties for the sake of having parties. Then I added the vegetarian thing and I was ridiculed relentlessly. Still happened a bit when we were there for xmas this year but not as bad. My twin brother actually didn't even bother to come see us when we were down. He's pulling away from the family a lot which is upsetting Mum.

I get on better with my sister than any of them but we have a closer relationship when we're not living anywhere near each other lol.
    We know quite a few families that have a weekly meal together - how cool would that be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have 2 older sisters, who are 33 and 36. I have an older brother (half brother from my father) who was 38.. Though my sisters and I never really knew if he really was our brother, as dad always told us he wasn't. He wanted to deny his existence because our brother was a troubled teenager getting into trouble and dad hated his mother (long story very short).
    I hadn't seen him since I was 4 (I'm 28). We found out he tragically passed away December last year and on that same day after we found photos of him on Facebook, we were shocked because he looked SO much like our dad that there was no denying he was dads son. So we realised that day both that we DID have a brother, and that we would now never get the chance to meet him as adults and get to know him I'm cursing myself for not trying to make contact over the years, he had sometimes popped into my mind.
    I've had so many emotions the last few months. The whole thing is wrong and dad doesn't even care that he has passed away (that he will let on anyway). But dad has anxiety and depression that is just under control so my sisters, mum and I don't want to 'rock' the boat' by trying to get him to talk about it and Acknowledge our brother.
    On the upside though we have been in contact with our brothers ex wife who he was still very close with and has 4 sons with (so I have 4 more nephews now) and we've been getting to know about him and what he was like so it's helping to feel closer to him and I wanted his family to know that his sisters do acknowledge him, we were just always told a lie that wasn't fair. I'm hoping to meet them all in person one day, but we live a few hours away.
    Oh and it turns out a couple of years ago my brother was living in the same town as me, so we might have even bumped into each other and never realised

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    We know quite a few families that have a weekly meal together - how cool would that be?
    When I lived in the same town as my parents we'd have "sort of" family dinners every now and then but certainly not every week. Plus we all don't live in the same town....thankfully. Always used to say "I've never felt more alone than when I'm surrounded by my own family".
    Last edited by Chunkydunks; 20-03-2015 at 22:33.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (21-03-2015)