+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ok this might sound mean but when DS has been like this which still happens I give him choices, very firmly - if you keep calling out I will shut your door/take teddy away - I then leave the room, when he continues I walk back in - no words - and take teddy/shut his door. He will scream for about 20-30 seconds and I walk back in and say - do you want teddy back - yes mum - ok here he is and it's time for sleep now and I kiss him and leave. If he keeps it up I do it again.
    Last edited by babyla; 20-03-2015 at 20:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    What time is bedtime?

Thanks
    Reviews
    She goes to bed between 7 - 7.30 pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm shocked that sleep school told you to leave her crying for 20 mins. That's an eternity!!

If it's not working and everything else sounds fine, eg she's eating lots, nap is not too long, then I personally think you may have to stay with her until she's asleep. It's been a month. It sounds like she needs this. My son became a very clingy sleeper around the age of 2, I had to sit on a chair in his room until he fell asleep. I didn't interact with him, just shut my eyes and sat there. If he talked to me I just said "shhhh sleepy time". If I left the room he screamed. Didn't last too long,and was hard, but he needed that reassurance.

Hope you get it sorted!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

harvs  (20-03-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    I'm shocked that sleep school told you to leave her crying for 20 mins. That's an eternity!!

If it's not working and everything else sounds fine, eg she's eating lots, nap is not too long, then I personally think you may have to stay with her until she's asleep. It's been a month. It sounds like she needs this. My son became a very clingy sleeper around the age of 2, I had to sit on a chair in his room until he fell asleep. I didn't interact with him, just shut my eyes and sat there. If he talked to me I just said "shhhh sleepy time". If I left the room he screamed. Didn't last too long,and was hard, but he needed that reassurance.

Hope you get it sorted!!
    The same for me exactly. I finally got DS self settling at bedtime to the point where I could pop him in his crib and leave the room, and then around 2 that stopped happening. I still need to sit in his room with him at 2 and 5 months. I am wondering if the holiday thing is a coincidence.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

hollypolly  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bond Girl I know what you are saying but I am just so worried about how I will do that and look after a newborn. I am scared that if we start that she will become dependent on it and we won't be able to get her to sleep without us there. I am already a bit stressed at the idea of 2 under 2!

Sleep school get you to leave them 20 minutes at night and 10 minutes during the day. We haven't really need to do it though since we got home from sleep school (which was 10 months ago!). And now that we are trying it, it just so difficult.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    What happens if you put her cot in your room like on your holiday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it would be the same. She liked it because on holiday she went to bed and we were in the same room (in near darkness reading or on our computers). I think if we moved her into our room she would still be upset because we wouldn't be in there when she goes to sleep.

Also, that is where the baby is going to sleep when she gets here. There isn't room for all of us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Yeah I realize that :-) I just thought if you tried it for one night and were in there too and it didn't happen, then it would help to confirm the cause.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

hollypolly  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Has anything in her diet changed? Could she have an upset stomach?