+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Recommend me a foundation please

So I'm about to run out of my BB cream and instead of buying it again I want to trial wearing something a little more foundation-like.

This is what I'm after:

- Nothing that's very heavy/matte
    - Doesn't make the lines in your face stand out (I'm 35 years old)
    - Prepared to pay up to $50 if it's amazing stuff
    - Would not look odd if worn without much other make up (I keep a minimal look most of the time, e.g. just mascara/blush/concealer for dark eye circles).

I have looked at some reviews for Estee Lauder Double Wear - can anyone recommend this, or something else?

*Disclaimer* My avatar is not actually me

Thanks in advance y'alls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love love love Napolean, it's a little above your $50 budget, I think it's $65 or $70, but it lasts forever, a little goes a loooooong way!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chooky79 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I tried a foundation last weekend that was amazing and fits the brief for natural no heavy suffocating light weight cover. It's the Georgio Armani 'Maestro Fusion Make-up' it comes in a glass bottle and you apply with a little dropper, so a little goes a long way. It made the skin look luminous and it really feels like you have no make up on. If you google the name, you can read up some more about it, but having tried it, it was amazing and seeing it on my friend, again, her skin looked amazing.

Loving your new avvy by the way!
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 20-03-2015 at 10:51. Reason: eta

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Chooky79 View Post
    I love love love Napolean, it's a little above your $50 budget, I think it's $65 or $70, but it lasts forever, a little goes a loooooong way!
    Looks like Napoleon makes a few different foundations - do you know which one it is? Is it the 'Sheer Genius'?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love MAC and it's bang on budget at $50. On its own, without powder, it has a nice dewy finish and provides good coverage without heaviness.
    (ETA - I wear Studio Fix, but the staff at the MAC counter are really helpful with working out exactly which one will suit your requirements)

Estee Lauder double wear is really heavy.

Your best bet is to head to the beauty section at Myer and test them all out.

A good, cheaper foundation that isn't heavy is Maybelline SuperStay. Even the Maybelline Fit Me foundation is great.
    Last edited by atomicmama; 20-03-2015 at 10:51.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't wear foundation but I've heard nude is good. And light.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nafsika For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    I tried a foundation last weekend that was amazing and fits the brief for natural no heavy suffocating light weight cover. It's the Georgio Armani 'Maestro Fusion Make-up' it comes in a glass bottle and you apply with a little dropper, so a little goes a long way. It made the skin look luminous and it really feels like you have no make up on. If you google the name, you can read up some more about it, but having tried it, it was amazing.

Loving your new avvy the way!
    Glad you like my av

Just googled this makeup and it's 99 clams per bottle. I bet at that price it's pretty damn good stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    Looks like Napoleon makes a few different foundations - do you know which one it is? Is it the 'Sheer Genius'?
    My sister swears by Napolean's 'China Doll', I haven't used it myself.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    Glad you like my av

Just googled this makeup and it's 99 clams per bottle. I bet at that price it's pretty damn good stuff
    Not cheap, but definitely a little goes a long way and it's pretty awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    Estee Lauder double wear is really heavy.
    Thank you for that - heavy is what I don't want so it sounds like it'll be too much for me!