+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Yellow finger?

I was just giving DD a bath to cool her down and noticed her thumb is yellowish orange. Like nicotine stains smokers get but shes 2 and obviously not a smoker. Its the whole top of her thumb to around the first nuckle. Will upload a pic shortly when she lets me get one. Freaking out. Could this be a liver problem or something? I googled and it was only talking about yellow fingernails but this is fingernail and skin. I tried to scrub it off while she was in the bath but it would budge.
    Any ideas? Should I book in with GP? I know I sound stressy lol and I'm usally pretty laid back with minor cuts and bruises on the kids but ive never seen anything like this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Has she been playing with Play Dough? Using textas? paint? I know you say it didn't scrub off but given it's only to the knuckle my first thought was it's a stain as opposed to a bodily reaction.

I would make an appointment. My reasoning with this sort of thing is that I am paying for a service. Even if my concerns are silly, and there is nothing wrong with my child I'm paying for them to provide medical diagnosis. So if it turns out to be nothing at all, so what.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Carrot?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What has she eaten?
    My son had some kind of food yesterday (had tomatoes in it and had that reddish colour). He was sticking his finger in his mouth and stained his skin to the point I had to scrub it off in the bath.

If not this then yes I would take them to the doctor. I don't have much experience with this but I would think if it's a liver problem like you mentioned that it would show in other places too not just the thumb?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Has she been playing with Play Dough? Using textas? paint? I know you say it didn't scrub off but given it's only to the knuckle my first thought was it's a stain as opposed to a bodily reaction.

I would make an appointment. My reasoning with this sort of thing is that I am paying for a service. Even if my concerns are silly, and there is nothing wrong with my child I'm paying for them to provide medical diagnosis. So if it turns out to be nothing at all, so what.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Carrot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Qrazelna View Post
    What has she eaten?
    My son had some kind of food yesterday (had tomatoes in it and had that reddish colour). He was sticking his finger in his mouth and stained his skin to the point I had to scrub it off in the bath.

If not this then yes I would take them to the doctor. I don't have much experience with this but I would think if it's a liver problem like you mentioned that it would show in other places too not just the thumb?
    Thanks for replying. After reading I was stressing out more because she hasnt eaten anything remotely yellow, orange or red today and we haven't done any arts and crafts either. I was just typing a reply saying I was going to ring the Dr for an appointment tomorrow if it hasnt gone away by tonight but I saw DH slip a red packet out of his pocket. God damn skittles! I didnt even know she had had one but he said he gave her one orange one when he got home from work which was like 15 minutes before her bath. She must have been sucking her thumb and the damn skittle at the same time. I don't care to much about her having a lolly because she doesnt get many treats like that but I considering putting him in the dog house for letting me stress that she had liver failure or something horrible for an hour! Thanks for replying you guys. Im laughing about it now but I was seriously concerned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll add also that I shouldn't have panicked lol. On my old account (DD must have been about 5-6 months so over a year ago lol) I posted about how I was worried her jaundice had returned or I had somehow damaged her liver because her entire body was orange. You all said GP and the doctors laughed at me and said it was all the pumpkin, sweet potato and carrot purees she had been having lol.
    I really need to stop panicking everytime my kid turns yellow. 😊😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    phew lol I suspected it was something like that though. Don't feel silly, I'm an anxious parent too, just means we love our kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    phew lol I suspected it was something like that though. Don't feel silly, I'm an anxious parent too, just means we love our kids
    I think its because its something I can't "fix" if that makes sence. Like Im pretty laid back with DD getting cuts, scrapes and bruises from runnung around or whatever because I can treat that. A cuddle, maybe ointment and a bandaid and hey presto! Funny skin colouring is scary cause I dont know whats going on on the inside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Hey I have 6 six kids I still panic. It a normal healthy thing to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    Hey I have 6 six kids I still panic. It a normal healthy thing to do.
    Yeah it is. I'm amazed at how much DD sticks it to me though as if to say "back off mum, I got this!".
    Like since she could crawl the DSSs think she must be invincible or something lol. So she is so tough now! They run around playing soccer and she will get taken out by the ball or she chases after them as fast as she can, trips does a summer sault, shakes it off and keeps running, meanwhile Im running to her panicking lol.