+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FTMumma View Post
    He's 12 months in 2 weeks and not pointing!!!! Now I'm really worried. He does clap and imitate me.
    Now I'm worried, cause my DS doesn't clap, wave, point or imitate me. And doesn't have anything resembling a single word yet. He's 12.5 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every kid is bit different, relax, they will learn when they're ready!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    He sounds normal to me. DD barely had any words until she was almost 2, pointed late, didn't walk until 17mo and would sometimes become fascinated with what she could do with her hands. She's 3.5yo now and is completely normal.

Kids are quirky, they all have funny behaviours and like to test the world around them in their own ways. Your DS sounds like a happy boy so just enjoy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My cousins baby boy is 11.5 months . I saw him yesterday for lunch . He doesn't say many words , but flaps his arms, wrists when excited or laughing. He's crawling and stands holding on to things but not interested in walking. He is a happy healthy normal boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My dd still walks on tippy toes. I think she does it for fun sometimes. Like she also decides to crawl instead of walk even at 17mths- sometimes it's just fun to be different.

She only now will wave and clap a lot. She could do it before but chose not to. She babbles a lot and copies us. But only confidently says- mum, dad and baba (bottle). The rest is usually mimicking - she will say cracker when I say it. But if she wants a cracker will just point and say 'more more more'

Sounds all completely normal to me. If you are worried just ask your GP next time you see them. Otherwise just enjoy the fun and silliness a toddler brings to a home. : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I can't believe out of so many milestones these ones are worrying me and consuming me the most. I spent so much time yesterday trying to show him how to point but he just looked at me. I wonder if there was all this milestone stuff when our mums had us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FTMumma View Post
    Thanks ladies. I can't believe out of so many milestones these ones are worrying me and consuming me the most. I spent so much time yesterday trying to show him how to point but he just looked at me. I wonder if there was all this milestone stuff when our mums had us.
    Yeah, when I point at something, DS just looks at my hand. When I wave at him, he usually smiles but looks confused too. When I clap for him he is the same, and if I clap his hands for him he has no clue and pushes my hands away! The only thing he'll copy me doing is banging my hand on a table or whatever, but he does that by himself all the time anyway. He doesn't use any sort of gestures to communicate with us at all.