+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    She didn't bother again about getting up to see my son for 10 minutes this weekend. Meanwhile Dad told me she'd been been up every morning from 7 am all week to look after the other grandkids, but when its time to talk to me and my son those few minutes on the weekend she cant be bothered. I nearly burst to tears. and im supposed to be 'understanding' of her situation that she is too tired to get up at 10 am.
    and then there are the open displays of affection towards my sisters on facebook and I don't even get a text message unless I text her myself and if she does end up texting back she never bothers asking me how we're going over here. im so over it. seems like she's pushing me out of her life and will try to blame me for it afterwards - as usual. because God knows she is never ever ever wrong. im tired of bending over backwards and crawling at her will
    FML

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Agree with Wise Enough and Bigmammahen. Set limits by not letting them stay with you, tell them to get a hotel or other accommodation. And when you go there to see them, get your own accommodation or stay with siblings rather than your parents. It's hard to get the guts to enforce something like this and your mum won't like it but it's for your own mental health.

On the narcissists topic, my sister is a narcissist and my other sister believes our father is a narcissist (not sure I agree) but neither of us are psychologists hence not qualified to diagnose. Narcissistic or just extremely self centred people are draining to have any sort of relationship with. It is always about them and they are not very considerate or giving unless there's something in it for them. It's painful, but realise they are never going to change so the only thing you can change is your own actions, hence setting limits in your relationship and proximity to them. Seems to be a good thing you don't live in the same country.
    Last edited by Skyler; 23-03-2015 at 13:07.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-03-2015),ManchesterLass  (23-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by someonesomewhere View Post
    She didn't bother again about getting up to see my son for 10 minutes this weekend. Meanwhile Dad told me she'd been been up every morning from 7 am all week to look after the other grandkids, but when its time to talk to me and my son those few minutes on the weekend she cant be bothered. I nearly burst to tears. and im supposed to be 'understanding' of her situation that she is too tired to get up at 10 am.
    and then there are the open displays of affection towards my sisters on facebook and I don't even get a text message unless I text her myself and if she does end up texting back she never bothers asking me how we're going over here. im so over it. seems like she's pushing me out of her life and will try to blame me for it afterwards - as usual. because God knows she is never ever ever wrong. im tired of bending over backwards and crawling at her will
    FML
    She will not change. The only thing that you can do is to stop it affecting you. I feel so much better after cutting my mother out. I have been where you are and it hurt me so badly. The thing that riles is that they will never see it. Focus on positive people and your little family x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ManchesterLass For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (23-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hah,

just told the family yesterday at 12 wks pregnant.

got a blank stare from mum and a quick 'congratulations' from her but no real excitement, not even questions how im feeling, when the babys due, how the baby is. nothing.

guess I shouldn't be surprised that's what happened with announcement of DS1 too.

so disappointing my own mum cant be excited for me. My mother in law cared more than my own mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Idiots. Hopefully they aren't interested in visiting with the new bubba.