+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Low hcg low heart beat??? HELP

Ttc for a few years with no succes only one Chem preg after a lap while on chlomid, I have PCO but apparently still ovulate dp sperm is apparently fine had all testing done and Dna frag.
    I've had three full stim cycles, 4fets with two chemical pregnancies from stim cycles, FET were all bfn. I've also had two cancelled cycles due to over or under responding.
    I'm 27 so all fs give me the whole your eggs are fine, I've been diagnosed with high uterine nk cells but old fs never treated with steroids.
    So getting to the point I changed clinics after 6transfers and no baby to hold and my new clinic tried less stim this resulted in only one egg growing to size so it was cancelled told to stop all drugs body will ovulate on its own 2weeks went by and I new something was wrong demanded a scan and as I thought the follicle had grown to 2.5cm so I was told to take trigger inj to release it. Also forgot to add I was taking clexane and prednisolone as I was meant to do a fresh transfer and do pgd testing on the rest.
    Any who changed fs again because I was un happy with the care from the other one but I ended up failing pregnant for the fourth time in 12months. Hcg has barely doubled and was told you will miscarry, no bleeding so had a 6week scan with hcg of only 1000 to rule out ectopic was advised they wouldn't see much due to low levels, she started the scan and the sac was in my uterus and then she shows me and dp the heart beat!!!!
    91bpm measuring 5w3days. Fs that I was originally under I have to remain under his care because it happened while with him called me and straight out said with no empathy you will miscarry it is not a healthy pregnancy and hb too low, I get all that because I should be an expert by now but no empathy at all not even I'm sorry, I asked should I stay on pred and clexane and he said if you like I've seen stranger things happen, so now I'm in limbo land not knowing what to think or do, I know everything is not even near where it needs to be but my body has given no signs of miscarrying and I'm petrified that this pregnancy will keep going and I'll miscarry later on when I'm 3-4 months. Has anyone else gone through this and had a good outcome or can someone shed some light on what I can expect to happen and when it will happen?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bit difficult to read everything, but I just wanted to comment in regards to the heartbeat. I don't think that's too low for 5 weeks. Mine was 106 at 6 weeks, 155 at 12 wees, now at 15-16 weeks it's 148 so it's doing just fine. I was told at 6 weeks that the heart had just started, and that it actually starts around 80 and then works its way up from there.

If a pregnancy is going to fail, it's more likely to fail before 9 weeks. Once you see a heart beat at 9 weeks, according to my obstetrician, your chances are very low.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Are you on the clexane and steroids still? If not, I would start them.
    At 5w3d that would be an okay hb, but only if you're supposed to be 5w3d - if that makes sense. How far along are you supposed to be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    May I also suggest that you go to the nk cell thread if not there already.

Edit: See that you're already there. The ladies there would be the best ones to ask.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry my punctuation was terrible, i just re read it.
    Thank you for your reply, I've been googling like crazy and everywhere I read says hb starts off about 85, I think because hcg levels are low and not doubling he has written it off completely.
    Obviously I've been focusing more on The success stories I can find but I've stumbled across a few stories similar to mine, there bodies did not miscarry and at the 12 week scan they found major chromosomal abnormalities.
    This wait and see game is driving me a little crazy

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Little Ted at the scan on Monday I was ment to be 6weeks so measuring 4 days behind but the tech said we don't no date of conception and lmp they can't use due to it being a cancelled cycle ect.
    I'm on the nk cell thread maybe I will post this question over there too 😊

7. The Following User Says Thank You to miissalina For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (19-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by miissalina View Post
    Sorry my punctuation was terrible, i just re read it.
    Thank you for your reply, I've been googling like crazy and everywhere I read says hb starts off about 85, I think because hcg levels are low and not doubling he has written it off completely.
    Obviously I've been focusing more on The success stories I can find but I've stumbled across a few stories similar to mine, there bodies did not miscarry and at the 12 week scan they found major chromosomal abnormalities.
    This wait and see game is driving me a little crazy
    The hcg is worrying, I agree. Hopefully it's just a slow starter. Are they continuing to monitor your hcg?
    It's a horrible place of limbo. Big hugs x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you on meds still to help with the immune system?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still on pred and clexane, obviously they have helped my nk cell issue which is a positive thing but I'm not sure if this embryo is normal.
    My fs hasn't ordered another hcg but I went to my gp and it went from 980 last Friday to 1514 yesterday doubling time of 7days, it should sky high by now.
    My gp was shocked they seen a hb with hcg that low so I have I no idea what's going on my body is defiantly not being text book at all