+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I need some kind words of advice and care

Last edited by lovingmummy123; 20-03-2015 at 09:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Hey there, good on you for sharing. It sounds like what you experienced was quite traumatic, especially coming out of the blue and from people you trusted who had you under their roof.

Events can be particularly traumatic when:
    You're unprepared for it; you felt powerless to prevent it or someone was intentionally cruel.

Do you still see this man? That certainly won't be helping and neither will be your husband not recognising or validating how you are feeling.

What was the context of the yelling? Was it completely out of the blue?

I'd think that some counselling would be a great step, it's not being a drama queen to recognise how something affects you and seek help for it, that's being smart.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

beebs  (19-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge hugs. I am so sorry this has happened to you. Your fil sounds like a jerk and his behaviour was appalling! The way he added "I hope this affects you for a long time" makes me think his attack was cold and calculated.
    I agree with the pp that some counselling would be a good place to start. Maybe after a few sessions you could even ask your dp to go with you to see if you can get him to understand how the experience has affected you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't read and run.
    Your FIL is a disgusting man! How dare he treat you like that.
    I agree that counselling could be a great starting point to help you move forward.
    Are you still living there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You need to realise that you aren't worthless, at all. I would cut this man out of my and bubs life. It sounds like your partner doesn't have your back in this situation (and says you are drama queen??). That isn't cool at all. Don't let the walk over you and treat you like this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry this happened to you. I have to go to work but wanted to give you a hug & let you know ill be back to post this afternoon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    That is really unprofessional for a doctor to say you are a drama queen. Did they run any tests and help you with your anaemia?

As for your FIL, he is an awful man. Do you still live with him? I wouldn't be anywhere near him personally and wouldn't stand being yelled at longer than a few minutes before walking out. Counseling will help you with your self worth and also having people around who support you instead of push you down.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi lovingmummy123. wow. what a terrible person. I hope you don't have to see him or spend any time with your fil ever again. to be ranting and raving on at you four hours,!! what a crazy person. you surely didn't deserve that, and you are worthy of respect and concern, not that sort of treatment. I suggest you should go to a gp and make sure your iron levels and whatever are all ok. and then perhaps seek a counsellor to help you deal with this traumatic expierence.
    your partner should be on your side, and not saying you are a 'drama queen' or whatever. I hope you can find a way to deal with this, and move past it all. your little girl deserves to have a happy mum, and a family that works together. hugs, marie.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    You need to realise that you aren't worthless, at all. I would cut this man out of my and bubs life. It sounds like your partner doesn't have your back in this situation (and says you are drama queen??). That isn't cool at all. Don't let the walk over you and treat you like this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by lovingmummy123; 20-03-2015 at 09:08.