+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default What would you recommend? Re- Exercise..

Hi all, just after some suggestions/advice really...

I have always been heavy, have PCOS and a few injuries that hinder me.. I have bursitis in both shoulders, discs that bulge to the sides in my lower back. I have broken my foot and done my ligaments in, my achilles on my left foot is extremely painful (thanks to my double storey place, this isn't improving).. Doing stuff hurts.

I have put on some weight since my Mum passed away 6 months ago. This needs to come off but I just don't know where to start. Depression and anxiety don't help.

My diet is good, could be better though I guess. I am a huge vegetable fan and eat mainly them along with lean meats, eggs, low carb type foods...

Walking long distances kills my foot, swimming is hard with my 2 year old. I don't want to ask the kids Dad for help either..

I welcome any suggestions, I am so over who I am, over feeling tired and basically looking hideous.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    In all honesty, you're best off asking a physio. They are experts in human movement and can tell you what you should avoid and what is ok to do. When you're armed with that information you could join a gym (if possible) and seek further assistance from a personal trainer on technique.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    In all honesty, you're best off asking a physio. They are experts in human movement and can tell you what you should avoid and what is ok to do. When you're armed with that information you could join a gym (if possible) and seek further assistance from a personal trainer on technique.
    Well, now that is very sensible! I never actually thought of asking a physio.. Thanks for that, I will definitely see one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Goto a physio! I got a pt and they were pushing me way too hard. Yes I need lose weight but after two close pregnancies I didn't realise how much I damaged my body!

He said rest, light exercise not even walking!!! I have a bung foot. Stuffed knee and buggered knee muscle 😂 I goto physio every week! Love it I do Pilates too. Do you have phi? Xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Goto a physio! I got a pt and they were pushing me way too hard. Yes I need lose weight but after two close pregnancies I didn't realise how much I damaged my body!

He said rest, light exercise not even walking!!! I have a bung foot. Stuffed knee and buggered knee muscle ������ I goto physio every week! Love it I do Pilates too. Do you have phi? Xx
    No phi here unfortunately.. Have considered it, but being on my own with the kids leaves me with no $$$ ever to pay for it.. I have damaged myself so much. 4 c-sections have left me a mess. Particularly the last one that is still giving me grief 2 years on... Am liking the physio suggestions..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by oozzle View Post
    Hi all, just after some suggestions/advice really...

I have discs that bulge to the sides in my lower back. I have broken my foot and done my ligaments in, my achilles on my left foot is extremely painful (thanks to my double storey place, this isn't improving).. Doing stuff hurts.

I welcome any suggestions, I am so over who I am, over feeling tired and basically looking hideous.
    I also have bulging discs in my lower back, had to have surgery when DS was only 1 month old in which they have damaged the nerve which causes constant pain in my legs & feet, it was recommended to me to use a Sun Ancon chi machine which I have found helps.

Good luck

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kcspack For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Gp for advice and maybe medications, physio for physical advice and dietician for nutritional advice more specific for pcos. Do you see an endocrinologist for your pcos?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcspack View Post
    I also have bulging discs in my lower back, had to have surgery when DS was only 1 month old in which they have damaged the nerve which causes constant pain in my legs & feet, it was recommended to me to use a Sun Ancon chi machine which I have found helps.

Good luck
    Wow, I'd never heard of those machines before, just looked it up. They look really good!! Might see if I can hire one closeby, it says I can hire in Hobart but there's no harm in trying to find one in Sydney Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPopsicle View Post
    Gp for advice and maybe medications, physio for physical advice and dietician for nutritional advice more specific for pcos. Do you see an endocrinologist for your pcos?
    I am going to make an appointment with my GP for next tuesday so I can see about possibly getting started on anti-d's or anxiety meds to see if that helps.. A dietician would be good, I know I eat healthily but it may not be the right stuff.. I saw an endo years ago. Since having the kids I have let my health slip so bad. I just never seem to have time and then I cannot stand taking all my kids to appointments, especially if it's to do with sensitive issues..

Thank you, there is some good advice there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You're welcome :-) pcos is not an easy thing to lose weight with.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (18-03-2015)