+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Preppie and a year 4 child

Let me stress I have no reason to believe anything has happened but I need some thoughts about our thoughts.

DD is in prep, DS is in year 3 in a 3/4 composite class. DD seems to not have clicked with her prep class and often seeks out DS. As a result of this has befriended a friend of DS who is in year 4.

Out of no where last week DD started talking about this boy quite a lot. She told DH that she had kissed him but when DS told me she just started crying and wouldn't give us any reasonable answers. We told her she wasn't to kiss him and I had a basic discussion about body touching etc (my mum thinks that was completely unnecessary).

DS is keeping an eye on her and tells us that they just hug which I'm still not comfortable with but trying to remain sensible.

When I picked them up from aftercare today the lady that runs it told me they had noticed the friendship due to the constant hugs and holding hands, that they were keeping an eye on it but had no reason to believe there was anything but brotherly love from the boy to DD. The boy has spent a lot of time in before and after care and she felt certain there was nothing to be concerned about. She did recommend bringing it to the attention of DDs teacher so she could monitor it too.

I feel torn at going to her teacher - neither of them have done anything that is suspicious or inappropriate and I don't believe the kiss would have been anything. I do not want this boy or my DD in any sort of trouble. But then what if I don't say anything and something does happen to either of them.

Am I making something innocent into something it's not unnecessarily?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't have school aged children so can't really comment on much of that sorry. I just wanted to say that it wouldn't hurt to let the teacher know? At least that way it is out in the open if anything were to happen... which I would highly doubt

3. The Following User Says Thank You to azelqra For This Useful Post:

ICanDream  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would probably make the teacher aware of it so they can observe them together. The same as after school care are doing. I think that's a reasonable response at this stage. Anything concerning can then be reported to both parents and a way forward discussed.
    Could the teachers help your DD to try to find some friends in her class too?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

ICanDream  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, when you phrase it like that I feel much more comfortable raising it, I couldn't think of away to do it appropriately.

DD did have friends from kindy in with her but apparently they've started excluding her so she just goes to DS. She's become a bit cheeky lately which I'm sure is not helping her friendships.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (21-03-2015)