+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sunbake topless and burn your nipples, it will toughen them up for breast feeding.

An aquantance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dont comfort your newborn when they are meant to be sleeping, it will make them dependent on you.
    (And this is newborn, as in just left the hospital age.)

An ex friend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    I got the same advice from my female obstetrician. "Your skin doesn't look like it has seen the light of day. A baby will shred your nipples. You need to sunbake topless for a few minutes each day to toughen up your nipples."
    LOL, my MCN told me to do this. I did it - well topless in the morning sun in my patio, so my nipples would dry out, because they were cracked, and needed healing. So banished off to the sunlight they were. They did heal up, and I continued to breastfeed LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CitrusRain View Post
    Don't pick up my newborn baby unless he needs a feed or change because it will spoil him (Special Care Nurse).

Scrub your nipples with a scrubbing brush each nigh to prepare them for BF. (Elderly woman).
    Funny enough I used the scrubbing and toughening them up with DD1 and breastfed easily, didn't use it with DD2 and it was horrendous and painful. Worked great with DD3&4 too.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Put your baby in their own room

You have to let them cry

Don't mix feed. Pick one and stick to it

Pumping does nothing for your supply

Your baby needs to go on a diet

He's got you wrapped around his little finger and is manipulating you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    This is good advice but.. My nana just rang to tell me that the eggs we gave her are really bad and maybe we should check them before we eat them ourselves by putting them in water to see if they float. My advice to her was to get rid of the remaining eggs because we gave them to her 2 months ago.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (18-03-2015),CakeyMumma  (18-03-2015),Coop8818  (18-03-2015),harvs  (19-03-2015),michellek  (18-03-2015),MissPolly  (19-03-2015),RaraMum  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The pearlers for me were to give my 2 week old ds farex in with his milk to make him sleep through, he was breastfed. I should just give up breastfeeding because formula is so much better and healthier. Oh and I should lay my newborn on an adult pillow in the bassinet because the mattress was too hard......never mind the sids risk.

Oh all of these were from my mil. You don't want to hear what her mother said to me!!!

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    Pumping does nothing for your supply
    We were just discussing this in my DIG. Both of these by so called qualified midwives:

Don't use breast shields, they ruin your supply and the baby never learns to feed without them

Don't even bother considering exclusive pumping it will ruin your supply. You just need to try harder with bfing, that's the answer.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    We were just discussing this in my DIG. Both of these by so called qualified midwives:

Don't use breast shields, they ruin your supply and the baby never learns to feed without them

Don't even bother considering exclusive pumping it will ruin your supply. You just need to try harder with bfing, that's the answer.

I used shields and when I went to a consultant and successfully attached without them my supply disappeared almost overnight. Yet I know a mum who has successfully fed for more than 12 months with one. Coincidence?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    The pearlers for me were to give my 2 week old ds farex in with his milk to make him sleep through, he was breastfed. I should just give up breastfeeding because formula is so much better and healthier. Oh and I should lay my newborn on an adult pillow in the bassinet because the mattress was too hard......never mind the sids risk.

Oh all of these were from my mil. You don't want to hear what her mother said to me!!!

DD was on formula pretty much from birth (I won't go into details I had my reasons even if I do regret them now) but I got the farax in bottle one SOO much from so many people including the wiegh in nurse at community centre.