+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    @Sarielle yes the DVD and blue day came out nearly two weeks ago. I missed it at the movies because my sister told me not to go without her... And then she never organised a time to go. I was played! So I only watched it for the first time a few days ago

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    @Sarielle yes the DVD and blue day came out nearly two weeks ago. I missed it at the movies because my sister told me not to go without her... And then she never organised a time to go. I was played! So I only watched it for the first time a few days ago
    Oh really? I knew it was out soon but couldn't remember when. I'll have to order it, thanks! It was the first movie I went to after my DS was born. DH had been on his own several times for the movies he really wanted to see, so it was finally my turn for him to look after DS while I went by myself. Total bliss, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love the books - I am going to start rereading them now

I must admit I have only seen the first movie, been a bit busy and been meaning to buy them on DVD.

I think the envelope was changed for sure!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I definitely agree about the first movie! It's not like they couldn't have made it a bit linger to include more of the bits they missed. I feel like they really rushed the ending in particular. But it is always the way with books made into movies.

I think the envelope was changed so Katniss would have to go back in, I thought that back when I first read the books before the movie depicted it happening that way. It was far too convenient for Snow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Just finished watching catching fire.
    I'm disappointed that Gale didn't declare his love for Katniss the way he did in the book- picking her up in his arms, spinning her around, resting his forehead on hers and actually saying the words "I love you". A huge moment in the story.
    In the movie he simply asks "do you love me?" Which is completely not the same because a person not having read the books would still be in the dark about what he means. It could be a platonic love between friends which is honestly what it looks like.
    Also disappointed Heavensbee doesn't give Katniss the clue "it starts at midnight" along with showing her his mockingjay watch. The story is still fine without it, but I always thought it was a nice touch.
    The Peeta and Katniss beach kissing scene isn't nearly long enough either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I also may have solved the envelope riddle. Of course, it could just be a scene written for the movie and not actually what Collins intended (hence it being a deleted scene?)... In which case it just further complicates the issue

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A7LAfehwn6s

It's about the third scene in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    Ladidah I just finished reading the book and there is no mention of it being on purpose, which led me to my question
    Ahhh ok I stand corrected lol maybe I just assumed from the way it was written that he had done it on purpose rather than it being said explicitly. It's funny how we all read into things differently!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (18-03-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Ok. I have been inspired to reread these books now. I honestly was so disappointed by the ending and found the final book so depressing that I felt like I wouldn't read it all again. But now I want to find and answer all these mysteries....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Can't wait to hear your take

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    *spoiler*

I LOVE the books. So much. So many many times. But I didn't like the ending. With a few pages in the last chapter to go (where she's waiting sentencing) I really thought the best outcome for her at that stage was death. Something swift. Then it was so drawn out that her dying would have been anti climactic. And then everything turned out perfectly fine. Which was nice I guess... I just felt like somehow she should have ended up sacrificing herself for Peeta because that's what she wanted from book 2 onwards. And seeing as saving her sister didn't work out for her...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (19-03-2015)