+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Default The Hunger Games Trilogy

As requested in the book thread

And I couldn't be happier I now have someone to talk to about it all. I've just spent 5 days re-reading them. They're in my wooden chest I have full of my favourite books that I keep pulling out to read over and over. I think the last time I read them I was pg with dd so maybe two years ago.

The books are a lot better than the movies, but I felt the firsts is deviated a little too far from the book for my liking (just the usual leaving parts out, changing bits around and not mentioning things I felt to be important eg that the mutts at the cornucopia were the deceased tributes) but the next two movies have stayed quite true but I'm pretty happy.

I have been wondering other people's take on this: the quarter quell for the 75th games. Was the envelope changed, or do you think the plan was to always reap from the existing pool of victors? It never says in the book, and it's a little too convenient a solution so I believe it was changed... But then I go on to doubt myself and think I am just being overly cynical

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Ps I do declare I am absolutely 100% team Peeta and can't wait for mockingjay part 2 to come out so I can get my latest and last Peeta fix

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I loved the books too! So much better than the movies although I thought the movies were pretty good as well..

Now you've started this thread @Mod-Nomsie I think I may have to re-read them

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DizzyDaisy For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Please do

Even though I've read them several times now, they still suck me in and I couldn't put them down

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I'm going to have to re-read them so I can remember all the things you're talking about better.

I will say I'm Team Peeta. The things he did for her made me love him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I liked the books and movies but was not addicted. I cosplay katniss sometimes for fun.

I think the envelope was changed snow would never have wanted to risk finnick and the great asset he was with his role as giggilo.

After katniss got drunk with haymitch and continued getting bitter throughout the books esp after prim died, i kind of thought the logical ending was she was going to end up alone and jadded and a booze hound or with haymitch to share in their misery together.

I hope the movie changes the books ending as it kind of sucked. "Lets tack on a happy ending as i am sick of writing" type thing.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The Hunger Games Trilogy

Do we need spoiler warnings in here? If so, ****SPOILER BELOW****

I'm Team Peeta too. Love him. My DH annoys me cause he has only seen the first two movies and thinks Peeta is a little dweeb and keeps saying "why would she hook up with him in the end, he's a damsel in distress, he can't even defend himself and needs rescuing all the time, meanwhile Gale is like, the perfect man, blah-blah-blah..." I keep telling him that Peeta in the books is just amazing, but he doesn't believe me (and he'd probably still say she should've picked Gale anyway, lol.)

I've probably read the series around three times, I like to keep going back to it. I only have it on my kindle... I keep meaning to buy hard copies too, but maybe next re-read. Even though it isn't that great, for some reason I've watched the first movie so many times, I was obsessed with it for a while there and would keep putting it on when I was home alone during the day (pre-baby, obviously). I loved Mockingjay Pt 1, really looking forward to seeing it again when the blu-Ray is out. If it isn't already??
    Last edited by Sariele; 18-03-2015 at 08:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, as for the quarter quell thing, I always assumed it was just a horrible coincidence in the books, but of course the movie made it out like it was Snow's idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Re: the quarter quell - I'm pretty sure it does say something about it being done on purpose in the book... Like Snow decided to do it cause he knew that Katniss would definitely be in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Ladidah I just finished reading the book and there is no mention of it being on purpose, which led me to my question